In the last few days you have noticed that your TV box is no longer working as it should and you are no longer able to see some channels. Plus, the day they show your favorite movie on TV, you'll be away from home. For this reason you are looking for a solution for watch TV online and you wonder if I have any suggestions for you.
How do you say? Is this really the case? Very well! I am happy to inform you that you have just happened upon the right tutorial and at the right time. Over the next few paragraphs I will explain to you what are the solutions for watching TV online through the official websites and Web TV apps and I will explain the procedures for watching free-to-air TV channels, through the use of Kodi, one of the leading IPTV software.
We solve your problem!
Now that you have an idea of what are the topics I'm going to talk to you about, I bet you can't wait to get started, right? I imagine! Okay: sit down comfortably, take a few minutes of free time and carefully read the instructions I am about to give you, in order to put them into practice. I wish you a good read and, above all, a good view!
- Watch online TV via Web TV
- Watch online TV via IPTV
- Other solutions for IPTV
- Watch Pay TV online
Watch online TV via Web TV
The first solution that I propose to you for watch TV online it concerns the possibility of relying on the main sites of Italian television broadcasters. In this case, in fact, many broadcasters allow you to see their schedule in live streaming, acting directly through their official website, accessible from all major browsers for browsing the Internet.
The websites of the Web TVs that I will talk about in the following lines can be used from computers, but also from smartphones and tablets. In most cases, in fact, the players for multimedia playback of live streaming contents and, in some cases even those for viewing in on demand mode, are designed in HTML5 and therefore are also compatible with browsers for mobile devices.
Obviously I remind you that, in most cases, the Italian Web TV sites may not be visible abroad, especially outside the European Union. In this case, a VPN is required to watch online TV via Web TV.
In the next lines I will list the Internet sites of the main television broadcasters that allow you to see the channels in streaming, also indicating those that offer on-demand viewing of the content broadcast.
- RaiPlay - is the Internet site that allows you to watch all Rai television channels in live streaming and also offers the possibility of reviewing, in on-demand mode, films, programs and broadcasts broadcast in the previous days. It is also available as a free app for Android / iOS. I told you about it in more detail in my guide on how to see RaiPlay.
- Mediaset Play- is the reference Internet site for watching live streaming of all free-to-air channels of Mediaset and for viewing, in on-demand mode, the contents transmitted on the channels of this broadcaster. It can also be used from smartphones and tablets, by downloading the app for Android / iOS. You can find more information about it in my guide on how to review Mediaset programs.
- SKYTG24 - is the all-news channel of Sky Italia which can be used in live streaming for free from a computer, or for a fee on Android and iOS, through the app of the same name (€ 1,99 / month after a 30-day trial).
- TV8 - is the website of the homonymous channel that allows you to watch Sky Italia's most successful programs in streaming.
- La7 - via the website of La7 it is possible to watch television programming in live streaming and also to view some programs broadcast in on demand mode.
- Paramount Channel - The website of Paramount Channel allows you to watch television programming, which usually broadcasts American films and TV series, in live streaming or in on-demand mode.
- Heaven - is the free-to-air channel of Sky Italy which allows you to watch live streaming and on demand television shows and films.
- DPlay - is the website of Discovery Italia, a television network that includes some famous broadcasters, such as Discovery Channel e DMAX. Its Web platform allows you to see the main broadcasts that are broadcast on the channels belonging to the network. It is also usable through a free application for Android / iOS. You can find more information about how it works in my tutorial on how to use Dplay.
- MTV - the broadcaster's website allows you to watch some of the channel's best broadcasts in on-demand mode.
- Deejay TV - the music videos broadcast on Deejay TV they can be used free of charge in live streaming on the broadcaster's website.
- Radio Italia TV- also the TV broadcaster of radio Italy you can watch live streaming.
Furthermore, to watch all national, regional or international TV channels from a single platform, you can refer to the site Tvdream which contains the links to all the main of the aforementioned Web TVs. You can also use it on Android, by downloading its free application.
Watch online TV via IPTV
An alternative solution for watching TV online is the one that involves the use of technology IPTV. In this case it is a solution that requires the use of software or applications because, to watch a television channel, it is necessary to obtain the streaming link for the desired channel or the list directly (in M3U, for example) of all the channels you want to watch.
In case you want to make use of this option, in the following lines I will tell you about how to use the software Kodi to watch TV channels in clear live streaming from computer. I remind you that it is against the law (and there are also severe penalties for offenders) to use IPTV lists to watch encrypted pay TV channels for free.
Kodi is a free program available for Windows, MacOS e Linux which mainly plays the role of multimedia content management. In particular, it can be used for the purpose of this tutorial, as it is possible to install and configure a plugin for watching TV channels via IPTV.
If you then want to use this software, take its installation file from the official website and perform the download and installation, through the procedures I am about to show you.
Su Windows, after having taken and downloaded the file.exe, double click on it to start it. In the screen that is shown to you, click on the button Yes, Then Next and finally on I agree. Next, select the add-ons you want to install and click the button Next twice in a row. To finish the installation, click on Install and finally on Finish. Also if you own a computer Windows 10, you can install Kodi through the Microsoft Store, by pressing the button Get.
Su MacOSinstead, you must first check and download the file .dmg. When the download is complete, double-click on it to start it and drag the icon Kodi in the folder Applications. If you have any doubts or problems related to installing the software, please refer to my tutorial on how to install Kodi.
After starting Kodi, change the language via the settings menu if it is set to English. Click on thegear and then on the button Interface settings. Select the items now Regional e Language and finally, choose the language Italian.
At this point, you need to enable a plugin that allows you to watch free-to-air TV channels via IPTV. There are many useful for this purpose, so select the item TV and then press on the wording Inserisci browser add-ons. Once this is done, on the next screen, locate and select a plugin from those that are shown to you and then configure it, inserting the link in the list M3U or l 'URL, previously identified, which allows the viewing of free-to-air TV channels.
For more information regarding this software, read my guide on how Kodi works and also the one in which I tell you how to set it up.
Other solutions for IPTV
Kodi it is one of the most famous tools dedicated to IPTV, but there are also many others. In the following lines, in fact, I will list some solutions that can be used by PC, smartphone / tablet and Smart TV that can be used to watch TV over the Internet.
- VLC (Windows / macOS / Linux) - is a very famous software dedicated to the reproduction of multimedia contents that can be used to play multimedia streams from the Internet. After downloading it and running it on your computer, reach the section dedicated to IPTV by pressing on the items Media > Open Network Stream and enter, in the text field visible on the screen, the URL of the source or IPTV list it has identified.
- GSE SMART IPTV (Android / iOS) - is one of the best free mobile apps that supports IPTV lists. It can also be used for broadcasting content on TV, thanks to support a chromecast.
- SS IPTV (Smart TV) - available for download on LG Smart TV, is the best application you need to watch TV via IPTV. It can be used in a simple and immediate way, as it is enough to know the URL of an IPTV source, such as a list in M3U, and enter it in the appropriate text field.
In case you are interested in learning more about IPTV from TV, I suggest you read my guide on how to watch IPTV on PC, the one on how to install IPTV on Smart TV and, finally, also the one dedicated to the best apps for IPTV .
Watch Pay TV online
If, on the other hand, your intent is to watch pay TV online, I recommend that you consider, for example, subscribing to the platform NOW TV (prices start at € 9,99 per month). This is the service of Sky which allows you to access a lot of content in on demand mode and see some channels in live streaming, including for example Sky Atlantic, Sky Cinema e Fox.
Prices, as mentioned, start from € 9,99 per month but concern the purchase of only one Ticket (Cinema, TV Series o Entertainment). It's possible to use NOW TV also to watch sports, priced at € 29,99 / month. If you are interested in learning more about this service, read my tutorial on how NOW TV works.