How to recover Wi-Fi password on Windows 10
If you don't know how to find out the Wi-Fi password because you've forgotten it, lost it or can't find it anymore, there is a solution! The fastest way to recover the password is using another Windows PC already connected to the Wi-Fi network. The steps to follow are really simple and will allow you to quickly connect another device as well. Here are all the necessary steps you will need to take:
- Turn on the Windows PC already connected to your Wi-Fi network and run one of the following options, depending on the version of Windows that is installed on your computer.
- If your PC has Windows 10 as an operating system, click the button Home at the bottom left of the screen, then select the item Settings (the gear button), and follow these steps. Click on Network and Internet, then on State and finally on Network Connection and Sharing Center.
- If your PC has the operating system Windows 8.1 or 7, just type in the search bar and select the item from the results Network Connection and Sharing Center.
- Once entered Network Connection and Sharing Center, on the right side of the screen you will find the item Connections, with the Wi-Fi network you are connected to. Then click on the name of the network.
- From the window Wi-Fi statusclick your Wireless properties.
- In Wireless properties, select Security card and check the item Show Fonts.
- La Wi-Fi password it will be shown to you in the Security card.
At this point, you can enter the Wi-Fi password PC or mobile device that you could not connect! Simple, isn't it?
How to recover your Wi-Fi password on Mac
If you don't know how to find the Wi-Fi password from Mac, there are essentially 2 paths to take: you can opt for the service of Keychain Access, or to use theTerminal Application. It's up to you to decide, but let's see specifically what are the steps to take!
How to see Mac Wi-Fi password via Keychain Access
The first method we will discuss is based on the use of an application present by default on Macintosh devices: theKeychain Access.
THEPortachiavi access takes care of storing all of our passwords, so we don't have to worry about remembering them anymore. If you know the Mac master password, then you will also be able to see the Wi-Fi password, which was automatically saved in the Keychain. That's how:
- First you will need to enter Keychain Access, then you will have to open the app Keychains typing the word in the bar Spotlight Search on your Mac. You can find it by clicking on the magnifying glass at the top right of the screen.
- Click on System and then Password, the second item in the category bar, at the top. At this point, locate the name of the network you want to access and click on it to open it.
- Click on the square next to Show Password and authenticate via login. Simply fill in the blank by entering username e Password. But if you don't remember the username you are using, you can find out by clicking on the icon of the bitten apple Apple that you find in the upper left part of the screen.
- And here's your Wi-Fi password forgotten! You will find it in the window next to the button Show Password.
How to find the Wi-Fi password on Mac via Terminal Application
THETerminal Application is an application present by default on all Apple devices that allows us to access Advanced Settings and Diagnostic Tools using the command prompts directly.
We would like to recommend this procedure only to those who prefer one direct solution to problem of Wi-Fi password recovery and knows the exact name of the network Wi-Fi it intends to connect to. So let's see what are the steps to take!
- Open theTerminal Application, then type the word in the bar of Spotlight Search on the Mac, by clicking on the magnifying glass at the top right of the screen.
- Once the terminal, type the following string of words:
security find-generic-password -ga NOME WI-FI | grep “password:”
Replace the writing WI-FI NAME with the exact name of the network whose password you want to find out.
- Once the command has been entered correctly, you will be prompted to complete the operation by authentication. You will simply have to fill in the window by entering username e Password.
- If you have followed all the steps, you can finally trace the forgotten password. You will find it right under the word string you typed in the Terminal Application.
How to find Wi-Fi passwords on Android devices
Do not know how to find out the Wi-Fi password of an Android device? You have lost password Wi-Fi and you no longer know how to do it? We are here to help! By following a few simple steps, you can do it even if you don't feel particularly experienced. What matters is that: there will be no need for weird applications or root.
Be careful though! This guide is for devices only Google Pixel and smartphones with an operating system Android 10 or 11.
How to recover the Wi-Fi password on a Google Pixel device
If you have one Google Pixel device and you don't know how to find Wi-Fi passwords, you are in the right place. Here's what's the easiest way to find the Wi-Fi network password on a phone Google Pixel.
- Follow the path Settings - Network and Internet and then click on Wi-Fi. Select the name of the network you want to access and open the network details screen.
- Press on Share button and confirm your identity using your fingerprint or PIN.
- You will be shown a QR Code, under which you will find the password of that Wi-Fi network.
That's all! Now you can connect to the internet and continue browsing safely.
How to recover Wi-Fi password on an Android 10 or 11 device
Now let's see the steps that are needed for recover the Wi-Fi password da smartphone with operating system Android 10 or 11.
- Go up Settings - Connections - Wi-Fi access.
- At the bottom left of the screen, tap on QR Code to enlarge it and make one screenshot.
- Use the free application Google Lens, available Play Store, to upload the image you just took.
- In seconds you should be able to see your password!
Are password recovery applications on Android devices reliable?
You may have already heard of applications that allow you to discover Wi-Fi passwords on Android devices, thinking about downloading such an app. Well we we advise against it! After carefully examining this kind of products available on Google Play Store, we couldn't find a reliable one.
Some password recovery apps, while having decent reviews, seem almost fake. In addition, even before installation, you will notice that require you to root the phone, an unsafe practice and generally not recommended by many experts.
Even if these apps worked, would you be able to trust them? Are you sure you are not selling personal information that should remain private to who knows who? Trust our advice and avoid downloading these applications!
How to recover Wi-Fi passwords from iPhone and iPad
You don't know how you do find the Wi-Fi password from an Apple iOS device? We are sorry to inform you that there is no easy way to find out Wi-Fi passwords using the iPhone directly. The only exception is for Apple devices that already have downloaded jailbreak or other similar applications that let you do this kind of operation.
Unfortunately, there are no functions Apple iOS that allow you to see the password of Wi-Fi directly on your iPhone or iPad, not even if the password is saved in your Keychain.
How to find the Wi-Fi password in the router settings
Forgot your Wi-Fi password? You want to find the password of the Wi-Fi you are connected to by using the router? Nothing impossible: just follow these steps:
- Log in to Administration panel of your router and click on the section dedicated to the password.
- Start the browser Internet of your choice (e.g. Mozilla or Explorer), and type the string 192.168.1.1 or 192.168.0.1 in the address bar before pressing the key Submit.
- If you are asked to log in to the modem, just enter the word admin in both the username and password boxes. These are the default settings for accessing routers!
- Look for the section of Wi-Fi configuration or security. This is where you will find your Wi-Fi network password, right next to the network name.
How to change the Wi-Fi password and secure your internet connection
Wi-Fi allows you to connect your devices to the Internet in a few moments and without always entering the set text strings. An insecure network is more exposed and it could happen that of strangers connect to your network. This activity not only reduces your connection speed, but puts you at risk of personal data theft or installation of malware on all devices connected to the same modem.
This is why it is very important change the default password of the router, once purchased. Let's find out together how:
- Open the router configuration page, by entering theIP address by default. You can usually find it either on the side or underneath your router, on the small piece of paper that also indicates the name of the IP address or URL access.
- Log in by entering your username and password: usually admin / admin. If that doesn't work, check that it is not marked next to the default IP.
- Look for the option Network or Network Security, at the top or left of the screen and in the window Wi-Fi Password o Key, type the password you prefer. The most secure Wi-Fi passwords are long and contain a mixture of words, numbers, and symbols.
- Once you've completed your changes, click Save to finish the process and the new Wi-Fi password will be changed automatically.
Be careful though! Once the password has been changed, the devices connected to the same line they may disconnect. To reconnect them, just enter the new password chosen!