Ask one or more people for a copy or screenshot of the chat
As anticipated at the beginning, the conversation is canceled only for what concerns your side of the exchange, you can then ask for a text copy or screenshot of the conversation to the person, or people (if the chat was a group) with whom you had this conversation.
This is possible because you only deleted it on your side. Asking for a copy of the conversation really is one of the fastest and most effective ways to be able to recover Messenger chats.
Check your email to see if FB messages have been sent there
You can have enabled email notifications and so when someone writes to you, you receive a copy of the conversation also via email. If you haven't activated this option yet, now I'll explain it to you:
How to enable message notifications in your email
You can configure the email notifications from Facebook from the site settings, by opening the notifications section on the left side. Here you can easily activate receiving email notifications.
This way you can decide what information to receive via email, from status updates of close friends, to friend requests, passing through birthdays and messages. In practice, you can always be updated on everything that happens on Facebook from your email, without having to access the site.
Extra: I accidentally refused a request on Facebook, what to do?
Connect Android device to PC to recover deleted messages
If you have archived your messages in the Facebook Messenger app, you can easily restore deleted messages by following this simple procedure:
- apri Facebook Messenger on your Android device and go to recent conversations.
- Then click on search bar and look for the previously archived conversation.
- After you find the conversation, select it and click on it to recover deleted messages from Android messenger.
How to backup messages to recover messages from Messenger
If you have backed up your chats you will have no problem a retrieve messages from Messenger whenever you want. Here instead we explain how to backup Facebook Messenger chats:
Download a backup of all your private messages on Facebook
If you have backed up your chats you can easily recover them. You can indeed download a backup of your data from Facebook, by connecting to the home page, after logging into your profile:
- At this point you will see, at the top of the screen on the right, the icon of a arrow facing down, click on it to bring up another menu from which you will select the item Settings.
- Now make sure that the item is selected in this new left sidebar Generali, if it is not, you can activate it by clicking on it.
- Click on the link again "Download a copy" item located at the bottom of the page on the right and then click on "Start my archive" to save messages.
For you too: How to recover friendship on Facebook?
Restore messages deleted via Facebook Messenger on Android
There are two main ways to be able to restore Facebook Messenger messages on Android and they are: check the archived files and through the backup copy that you find in the settings of the app itself, in the information.
- Go to the bottom left of the main screen of the application, so to speak it is the one from which you access by clicking on the symbol of comic.
- Here select Search, find this entry at the top and inside it enter the name of the person or of page with whom you had the conversation you wish to recover.
- The application at this point offers you several suggestions, then choose the one related to archived messages. Remember that this method is valid on devices Android, iPhone and iPad.
- You can also retrieve Facebook Messenger messages through the application by clicking on its icon. After it opens, click on the icon in the menu three horizontal lines, then click on Settings and Privacy > Settings and Download your information.
- You will then be able to find the conversations you were looking for on the download screen for all your content on your mobile.
Avoid third-party apps
We advise against using third-party applications to attempt to recover deleted messenger messages. Our advice is to always avoid, but especially in cases like these, to resort to the use of unofficial applications, apps that have been created with the sole purpose of get to your sensitive data and which, unfortunately, are not at all able to solve your problem.