The appearance of Facebook, with its white and blue colors, the same for everyone, even if it has been studied by leading web design experts to have maximum usability, not for this reason it must be liked by everyone. Those who spend a lot of time on Facebook and would prefer to try a different graphic layout, can still install special extensions capable of changing not only the colors and the background, but also how the various menus and news lists appear, with the possibility of removing the sections superfluous.
Especially for Chrome, but also for Firefox, these special extensions allow you to customize colors, fonts, buttons and even the display of your profile. The changes only affect your PC, so any changes will obviously not be visible to friends. All this can be done using extensions which, after installing, allow you to change the style of the pages of the Facebook.com website.
NOTE: In the new Facebook it is possible, without extensions, to switch to the theme with dark color and black background. To do this, just press the down arrow key located at the top right of the facebook.com site, then go to display and accessibility and choose thetheme option with black background.
1) Color changer is the best extension of this type, because it completely redesigns Facebook with a new custom look. Once the extension is installed, you can change the colors and appearance of almost any graphic element, make the text much easier to read, change the way you view photos, the styles of the various sections and the icons of the buttons. Furthermore, not a small thing, the advertisements are removed, freeing up the space of the Facebook site.
2) Facebook Purity is one of the most popular Chrome extensions to improve Facebook, which allows you to remove all unnecessary elements from the page graphics, including sponsored posts and advertisements. FB Purity allows you to filter Facebook news, hide certain posts, photos and videos, disable autoplay videos, hide posts that have already been read, apply new themes, change fonts, adjust size, customize background color and customize the user interface with dark mode.
3) Facebook Flat is a Chrome extension for transforming Facebook graphics by giving it a flat, easier-to-read design by removing banners and ads on the left side. Consolidate groups, friend pages and apps into subcategories, notify viral news tips, and notify if a friend unfriends.
4) Facebook Fixer improves Facebook su Firefox e Google Chrome, per modify whatever you want on the Facebook site on your PC.
Among the numerous options of the extension, unfortunately all written in English, the main ones are those to modify the "User Interface" and those under the heading "Display Tweaks". You can then enlarge the entire space, remove the left and right columns, change the font, hide sections such as recommended news and much more.
5) Stylish per Firefox e Stylish per Google Chrome are the best extensions to fully modify the graphics of Facebook ed apply different backgrounds and colors.
After installing the plugin, you need to go to the userstyles.org site and choose one of the available graphic templates, such as Facebook Dark, which makes the Facebook background black instead of white.
When choosing the graphic model you just need to be careful to install the updated ones and not the old ones that may not fit properly. In both Firefox and Chrome you have to access the Stylish plugin options to enable, disable or uninstall a downloaded theme.