However, if we are interested in buying a Apple MacBook Pro, we already know that we will have to contend with an extremely expensive laptop, suitable only in professional environments or in offices or companies where it is essential to show that you have a MacBook for production.
In all other scenarios we can bet on without too many problems PC of equivalent design but with Windows 10 operating system, which in many ways performs on par with or even better than OS X with some programs.
Although we have already talked about the difference between Mac and PC, in this guide we will show you the best laptops with Windows 10 which can be valid alternative ai MacBook Pro.
Strengths of a Windows laptop
If we have to choose a PC that can compete with a MacBook Pro, we must make sure that the following features are present, otherwise we will not be able to replicate the fluidity and speed of execution of the MacBooks:
- SSD or M.2 type disk: there must be no type of mechanical disk where Windows 10 is placed, but there must be an SSD or an M.2 module; only in this way will we have very fast start-up times and start programs comparable to MacBooks. The mechanical disk is only suitable as a secondary disk (instead of the player), in which to store data.
- High amount of RAM: to be able to open a multitude of programs at the same time and not slow down the system, we recommend that you only consider laptops with at least 8 GB of RAM, already ignoring laptops with less memory (which may also be adequate, but would not hold up comparison with a Mac).
- Low weight: in order to compete on the same ground as the MacBook Pro, the chosen laptop must weigh less than 2 kg, so as to be easily transportable without effort.
- Careful design: considering that from this point of view Apple is unbeatable, even the eye wants its part so we try to choose ultra thin models with shiny bodies (even better if in aluminum), so as to have a nice overall impression.
- Expandability: while the MacBook Pro actually depends on a single port, on a Windows laptop we can find at least 3 USB ports, a micro-HDMI port and even a microSD slot, useful for expanding the functionality of the notebook.
- Adequate battery: based on the optimization made by the manufacturer and the number of cells included in the integrated lithium battery, make sure that the laptop can guarantee at least 4 hours of autonomy under normal conditions; it won't look like the MacBook, but it won't make us regret leaving the charger at home often.
Best alternative laptops to the Macbook Pro
After seeing what features Windows laptops alternative to MacBook Pro must have, let's find out in this part of the guide which notebooks we can buy online, where we can get lower prices than in physical stores.
Acer Aspire 3
The cheapest ultra-thin laptop that can compete with a MacBook is definitely the Acer Aspire 3, which features a 15.6 "FHD LCD monitor, Intel Core i7-1065G7 CPU, 8GB DDR4 RAM, 512GB Intel PCIe SSD. , NVIDIA GeForce MX330 2 GB graphics card, Windows 10 as operating system and weight of 1,8 Kg.
We can view the laptop from here -> Acer Aspire 3 (900 €).
Lenovo Yoga Slim 7
A good ultra light laptop with a convincing design is the Lenovo Yoga Slim 7, which in this version has a 14 "FHD IPS AG display, is built with Ryzen 7 4700U processor, 16 GB RAM, 1 TB SSD, System operating Windows 10 and weight 1,9 Kg.
We can view the laptop from here -> Lenovo Yoga Slim 7 (1100 €).
ASUS VivoBook S14
One of the absolute best notebooks that we can buy in this special list is from ASUS and has the following technical characteristics: 14 "FullHD monitor, AMD Ryzen 7-4700U processor, 16 GB of RAM, 512 GB SSD and weight of 1,45, XNUMX Kg.
We can view the laptop from here -> ASUS VivoBook S14 (800 €).
Ultra-thin laptops have often been associated with Asus' Zenbook series, and it's no coincidence - these really are the best Windows laptops to rival a MacBook! The model in question features a 14 "monitor, an Intel Core i5-1035G1 processor, 8 GB RAM, 512 GB SSD, Intel graphics card, backlit keyboard and a weight of only 1,12 kg.
We can view the laptop from here -> Asus Zenboook(830 €).
Huawei MateBook X Pro
Phone maker Huawei threw itself into the field of laptops that can compete with MacBooks, introducing the Matebook D; this notebook has 13.9 Inch Display, Intel i7 10510U processor NVIDIA GeForce MX250 graphics card, 1 TB SSD, 16 GB memory, Wireless 802.11a / b / g / n / ac Dual Band connection, Bluetooth: 4.1, weight 1.35 kg and long lasting battery.
We can view the laptop from here -> Huawei MateBook X Pro (1500 €).
Acer Nitro 5
Another very powerful Zenbook laptop is the Nitro from Acer, a gaming laptop, which has a 15.6 "display, Intel Core i7-10750H processor, 512 TB SSD, 16 GB of RAM, NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2060 6 GB video card, red backlit keyboard and weight including 1.25 kg battery.
We can view the laptop from here -> Acer Nitro 5 A (1500 €).
HP - PC 15
For those who want to spend like a MacBook but focus on the best of technology with Windows, they can definitely focus on the HP-PC ProBook, which boasts an Intel Core i7-10510U processor, 8 GB RAM, a dedicated GeForce MX130 graphics card, 8 GB of RAM. , 512 GB SSD, 1 TB hard disk, 15.6 "screen and a weight of only 1,33 kg.
We can view the laptop from here -> HP - PC 15 (900 €).
Best Windows laptops alternative to Macbook Pro