Looking for app to open PDF and use a smartphone or tablet Android? Then read on. You will find listed below those which, in my humble opinion, represent the best solutions of this type for the "green robot" operating system.
If you are looking for aapp to open PDF on Android, I suggest you try the Google PDF Viewer. The application should already be pre-installed on all devices based on the mobile platform of the "green robot" (if not, it can be downloaded for free from the relevant section of the Play Store) and allows you to open and view documents in the format in question. Note that its operation is very essential and does not offer any editing functions or other advanced features.
Considering that the Google PDF Viewer does not have a real start icon, to be able to use it all you have to do is try to open any PDF file coming from downloads or from any other app. To give a practical example, go to the folder Download of your device using the File Manager (eg. Google files), tap on PDF file and touch the item relating to the use of the viewer via the proposed menu (if necessary).
After completing the above steps, you will then find yourself in front of the Google PDF Viewer screen with the document you intended to open inside. If you want, you can adjust the magnification level using the pinch to zoom, while to search for specific words inside it, just press the button with the magnifying glass and tapping the button with i three dots vertically you can access the settings to send the file, print it etc.
If you are looking for an app to open PDFs with slightly more advanced features, I suggest you contact Adobe Acrobat Reader. It is one of the most famous and established solutions in the category. It allows you to open PDF files, but also to insert annotations, highlights, freehand notes, fill in forms and much more. Basically it is free, but to unlock all the features you must subscribe to a paid subscription (at a cost of 10,99 euros / month). There is also for iOS / iPadOS and for Windows and macOS.
To download and install the app on your device, go to the relevant section of the Play Store and press the button Install. If you are using a device on which the Play Store is not available, you can download the app through an alternative store. Then, start the app by tapping on the app icon which has just been added to the home screen and / or drawer.
Now that you see the Adobe Acrobat Reader main screen, tap the button Continue and log in with your Adobe account or create one at the moment following the instructions on the screen. Next, select the PDF file say your interest in the sezione Fillet of the app, grant Adobe Acrobat Reader the required permissions and wait for the document to open.
After completing the above steps you will finally be able to view your PDF. If you need to adjust the magnification level, you can do it using pinch to zoom, while to add bookmarks, access sharing options etc. you have to use the appropriate buttons that you find on the toolbar at the top. At the bottom, however, there is the button with the icon of pencil which allows you to access the functions offered by the app to insert comments in the document, fill it in and sign it and make changes of various kinds.
The apps to open PDFs that I have already indicated have not convinced you very much and, therefore, would you like me to point out some alternatives? No sooner said than done! Find them below. I am sure that you will be able to find a solution that will satisfy you.
- PDF Viewer & Reader - it is a fairly simple application that performs only basic functionality for reading PDF documents and eBooks. Clearly, it includes all the commands necessary to adjust the zoom, search for texts within documents, etc. Basically it is free, but offers in-app purchases (at a cost of 2,79 euros) to remove the advertisements.
- eReader Prestige - is a PDF file reader, but also an eBook reader that allows you to read digital books in multiple formats and those protected by the Adobe DRM system. It is free, but offers in-app purchases (at the base cost of 1,09 euros) to unlock all the functions offered.
- Foxit PDF - free application to open and view PDF files that also offers some advanced features, such as protecting PDF files with certificates, protecting corporate data with Microsoft Intune, signing PDF documents with digital certificates, creating of blank PDF files, merging multiple PDF files into a new file etc. It's free, but the extra features can only be used by subscribing to the appropriate subscription (at a basic cost of 11,49 euros). There is also the version for Windows computers and for macOS.
Even if you own a iPhone or a iPad there are several apps to open PDFs that you can consider turning to. To find out which, in my opinion, are the best in the category, read on.
Among the best apps to open PDF on iPhone and iPad there is certainly Books, the default iOS / iPadOS eBook reader, which, perhaps not everyone is aware of, also allows you to view and edit documents in the format covered by this guide. It is pre-installed (if the app has been removed it can be downloaded again and for free from the relevant section of the App Store) and it is very simple to use. Note that it is also available on macOS and that it integrates with iCloud Drive, so it allows you to access PDFs on your personal cloud space from all devices.
To use Books, all you have to do is locate the PDF file you want to open, select it, tap on theshare icon (Quella with the square with the arrow inside) on the next screen and touch theicona dell'app present in the menu that appears.
Once the Books screen is displayed, you will be able to view the PDF of your interest in it. If necessary, you can use the buttons at the top to adjust the zoom level, search within the text, view chapters, etc. By pressing, instead, on the button with the pencil you can access tools for editing, to add highlights, drawings, etc.
Another app to open PDFs that you can consider using on iOS / iPadOS is Exodus PDF. It is a tool that allows you to view and edit files in PDF format, including adding texts and modifying existing ones. It is totally free. Note that there is also the version for Android.
To download and install the app on your device, access the relevant section of the App Store, press the button Ottieni / Installa and authorize the download via Face ID, touch ID o password dell'ID Apple. Then, start the application by selecting the relevant one icon that has been added to the home screen and / or App Library.
Now that you see the main Xodo PDF screen, select the PDF file you want to open by operating from the section Recent or from that Shop by Department, after which you will find yourself in front of the content of your document and you can start viewing it.
If you deem it necessary, you can use the buttons at the bottom to change the type of display, view the pages that make up the document, etc., while at the top you can find the commands to search for words within the PDF, to access the sharing options and export and so on. Also at the top are the tools to make basic changes to the document, such as adding text and geometric shapes.
None of the apps to open PDF on iPhone that I have already pointed out has convinced you in a particular way and would you then like me to suggest other useful solutions for the purpose? No sooner said than done! You can find them in the following list.
- Notability - excellent application to view PDF files, add annotations on them and to create documents of this type starting practically from scratch. It is paid (costs 9,99 euros).
- PDF Expert - is considered as one of the best apps to view and edit PDF files from iOS / iPadOS. It has a nice user interface and offers many interesting features. Basically it is free, but access to all its features, such as that relating to text editing, requires the purchase of the paid version (at a cost of 52,99 euros / year). Note that there is also a version for macOS.
- PDFelement - app that allows you to view, edit, annotate, convert and sign PDF documents, all in an incredibly simple and free way. The counterpart for Android and the one for Windows and macOS computers is also available.
Now let's move on to the apps to open PDFs for computers. If what you are using is a PC with Windows 10, you will undoubtedly be happy to know that there are a lot of different applications useful for this purpose, such as the ones I have provided to point out below.
You probably weren't aware of it, but you need to know that on Windows 10 (and later) it is possible to open PDFs via Microsoft Edge, the default browser of the operating system. The navigator, in fact, can also act as a viewer of PDF documents and also includes various tools for editing them. Note that there is also for Android, iOS / iPadOS and macOS.
To use it for your purpose, locate the PDF file you want to open, right-click on its icon, select the item apri with from the context menu that pops up and then that Microsoft Edge.
The browser window will then open with the PDF inside and you can view the contents of the document. If necessary, you can adjust the zoom, rotate the document, change the orientation of the document, etc. using the appropriate buttons that you find on the toolbar at the top. Also at the top, you will also find buttons to add highlights, drawings and to make other basic changes.
If you've made any changes to your document, click the del icon to save the changes to the current document floppy disk located at the top right, while to create a new copy of the document press the icon with the floppy disk and pencil.
If you are looking for other applications through which you can open documents in PDF format on Windows 10, you can consider turning to solutions of this type that I have included in the list below.
- Sumatra PDF - it is a very light PDF file reader with an essential interface, but it offers a lot of interesting features. In addition to reading documents in the format in question, it allows you to open eBooks in ePub or Mobi format, XPS files and digital comics in CBZ or CBR. It is available in a portable edition and is free of charge.
- Nitro reader - program that allows you to open and edit PDFs by inserting notes, text boxes and other elements. If this may interest you, I would like to point out that it also allows you to create files in PDF format starting from Office documents and images. It's free.
- PDF-XChange Editor - free software thanks to which you can view PDF documents (even multiple files simultaneously thanks to the presence of a practical tabbed interface) in a simple and fast way. It also includes editing functions, which, however, can only be accessed by switching to the paid versions of the software (with prices starting at 40 dollars).
Che che stai using è a Mac and, therefore, you want to find out which are the best apps to open PDF in this case, I highly recommend that you continue reading. In fact, you will find them listed below.
If you are looking for an application to open PDF on Mac, I am happy to inform you that you do not necessarily have to resort to the use of third-party tools. On macOS, in fact, it is available Preview, the default application for viewing images thanks to which you can also view PDFs and make basic changes to them.
To be able to use it, double-click on theicon of PDF file of your interest or, if Preview is not the default player, right click on it, select the items Open with from the context menu and then that Preview.
Subsequently, you will find yourself in front of the Preview screen with the PDF you wanted to view inside. If necessary, you can use the commands found on the toolbar at the top to adjust the zoom level, rotate the document, search for specific terms within it, etc. You can also make simple changes to the document by clicking on the icon with the pencil in the circle and selecting the tool to highlight, the tool to add shapes etc.
If you have made any changes to the document, in order to save them, all you have to do is close the Preview window by clicking on red dot top left. If, on the other hand, you want to export the edited file as a new document, click on the menu Fillet at the top left and select the item Export as PDF da quest'ultimo.
If you are looking for other applications for Mac through which you can open files in PDF format, I suggest you take a look at the solutions of this type that I have included in the list below. I sincerely hope that, in the end, you will be able to find something that will satisfy you.
- Skim - it is a free and specific application for macOS that allows you to open and view files in PDF format, as well as make basic changes, such as adding annotations. It integrates with Spotlight and does not burden the system.
- SlimPDF Reader - simple software that allows you to open PDF documents, but also to add various comments and annotations. It's free, has a nice user interface, and it's easy to use. Note that it is also available for Windows.
- PDF Professional - application to view PDF that also includes a whole series of functions to add annotations, signatures and make basic changes. It's free and easy to use.
You need the files PDF p7m? In this case, you need to contact specific tools, such as those I have pointed out in my guide dedicated specifically to programs to open PDF p7m.
It is a type of file, used above all by professionals and officials of the Public Administration, which has the purpose of authenticating a text document or a project with a digital signature.App to open PDF