If we are interested in this type of product but do not know which one to choose, in this guide we will see together i best tablet models with removable keyboard using the products available on an e-commerce site such as Amazon, so as to have a good guarantee on the product and always save something compared to buying in a store or mall.
If we want to buy a 2-in-1 tablet with keyboard we have to consider the following features:
- Processor: on these devices we can find both Intel processors and ARM processors; the former are obviously to be preferred for compatibility with Windows programs, while the ARM processors are ideal for running Android apps on low-cost tablets. IPads have a dedicated processor, so they fall into a category of their own compared to models with Windows and Android.
- RAM: we advise you to immediately focus on models with at least 4GB of RAM (Android tablet) or 8GB of RAM (Windows tablet). Having all this memory is certainly an added value, since we can open multiple programs or apps at the same time.
- Internal Memory: between programs and updates, the operating system (both Android and Windows 10) tends to quickly run out of all the internal memory space even if it is used little. If we have to choose a model in which to save some files or documents, if possible we choose models with at least 64 GB of internal memory (preferably expandable).
- Screen: the standard is 10,1 inches, a suitable size for the use that can be made of a tablet with a convertible keyboard. We avoid screens smaller than this size, but if the screen shows up larger than this value it's not a problem.
- doors: 2-in-1 tablets must have at least one USB port (preferably two), a microSD slot and a 3,5mm headphone output. The presence of other ports (such as micro-HDMI to connect the tablet to a monitor or a TV) are added values that should not be underestimated.
- Connectivity : tablets with keyboards must integrate Bluetooth and Wi-Fi so that they can connect to any network and connect any wireless device (wireless headphones, Bluetooth speakers, etc.). The integrated microphone must not be missing, so you can communicate during a video chat or video meeting.
- Cameras: the convertible tablet must have the front camera, so as to be able to take advantage of video-chat programs such as Skype or Zoom. Some models also have a rear camera, which can be used to take pictures on the fly (the quality however tends to be low so it is not a fundamental feature).
- Battery: must be adequate to be able to reach at least 5 hours in all conditions of use and with any operating system. On the more expensive models the keyboard has a separate battery, so as to increase the total autonomy of the system.
- Operating System: Windows 10 has become the most popular system even on 2-in-1 tablets, thanks to the tablet mode that makes it easy to use on touch screens. However, it is not uncommon to find devices with Android 10.0 or later versions, so as to be able to take advantage of the apps we usually use on smartphones. On iPads we find the iPadOS system, derived from the iOS system present on iPhones but with some unique functions designed to take advantage of the larger screen.
- Keyboard and accessories: The keyboard should be comfortable to use, with the keys spaced sufficiently apart. Let's not expect the same convenience of a notebook or PC keyboard! The keyboard can connect to the tablet with its specific connectors or via Bluetooth, but let's make sure that the support hooks hold the tablet part of the device well or we could make the tablet or keyboard fall into ruinous falls. On the high-end models there is no shortage of accessories such as nibs and cases to be able to use them on the go.
If the chosen tablet reflects these characteristics, we can buy it without problems, since it will worthily replace a traditional notebook.
Best tablets with removable keyboard
After seeing the features that a good 2-in-1 tablet must have, let's see together now the best models we can buy on Amazon, the best site where we can find deep discounts and unparalleled after-sales assistance.
A good economic model within everyone's reach is the DUODUOGO 5G Tablet 10 Inch, available on Amazon for less than € 200.
On this convertible tablet we find a 10,1 inch HD screen, 1.6GHz processor, 4GB of RAM, 64GB of expandable internal memory, Google GMS Certified Android 10 operating system, 6000mAh battery, Bluetooth, GPS, Dual WiFi and Keyboard and Mouse included in the package.
Another tablet with an accessible keyboard is the Chuwi Hi10 X, available on Amazon for less than € 300.
This tablet has a 10,1 inch IPS screen with 1200 x 1920 pixel resolution, Windows 10 operating system, Intel Gemini-Lake N4100 processor (quad-core up to 2,4 GHz), 6 GB of RAM, 128 GB of internal memory, Wi-Fi and keyboard and touch stylus included.
Always from the same manufacturer seen a little while ago we can also consider the CHUWI UBook X Tablet, mid-range tablet available on Amazon for less than 400 €.
This convertible features a 12 Inch HD IPS screen with 2160 x 1440 pixel resolution, 4100GHz Intel Gemini-Lake N2.4 processor, 8GB of RAM, 256GB of internal memory, Windows 10 operating system, USB-A 3.0 connection, 38Wh battery and removable keyboard.
If we are looking for a 2 in 1 tablet capable of not making us regret a traditional notebook we can take a look at the Lenovo IdeaPad Duet 3i, available on Amazon for less than € 400.
On this tablet we find a 10,3-inch screen with 1920 x 1200 resolution (Full HD), WideView technology, Intel Celeron N4020 processor, 4 GB of RAM, 64 GB of internal eMMC memory, Wi-Fi connectivity, integrated graphics Intel UHD 600, Windows 10 operating system and removable keyboard.
The best 2-in-1 tablet PC that we can buy at the moment is without a doubt the Surface GO 2 LTE, sold and shipped by Amazon for less than 1000 €.
This tablet boasts a 10.5-inch HD screen, Intel Core M3 processor, 8 GB of RAM, 128 GB of SSD-type internal memory, Wi-Fi connectivity, Bluetooth connectivity, LTE connectivity (via SIM), removable keyboard and Windows operating system. 10 (upgradeable to Windows 11).
If we want to use an Apple iPad with a keyboard we can focus onApple iPad Pro, sold and shipped by Amazon for less than 900 €.
On this high-end tablet we find an 11-inch Liquid Retina display (with ProMotion, TrueTone and wide color gamut), Apple M1 processor, TrueDepth front camera, Wi-Fi 6 connectivity and iPadOS operating system. The keyboard for the iPad must be purchased separately: the Apple Magic Keyboard for iPad is available on Amazon for less than 400 € (to be combined with the price of the tablet).
For many, the tablet market is dead since the best-selling is always the iPad (also present in the article) but, as we have seen in this guide, we can focus on 2-in-1 tablets of absolute quality without spending the figures proposed by Apple, so as to have an all-round mini PC, light and powerful enough to run simple writing and work programs without having to carry around a heavier notebook or without having to stay glued to the desk for stationary PCs.
In our Guide to buying a new tablet we can find other valid suggestions for choosing a new tablet, with or without keyboard.
Still on the subject we can view the article The best Windows 10 tablets convertible to PC, which appear as models very similar to those already seen above.
Are we looking for a more powerful but very light notebook? In this case we advise you to read our guide How to choose the new Notebook.
Best 2-in-1 Tablet-PC with removable keyboard