In the Google Play Store there are numerous apps for this purpose, including many free applications that can be installed and used freely.
Among the types of best apps for android there are those to take better photos with the camera, replacing the default app for taking pictures and those to edit photos even with special effects and photo filters.
All photography enthusiasts who own an Android phone can install all these applications for the camera and for images so as to add functionality to the phone. photo editing, sharing and photomonatggi.
In this list the 25 best free Android apps of the category "Photography"that won't make you regret any iPhone app.
- Google Photos is the mandatory app for all photographers with smartphones, because it offers unlimited cloud space in which to store photos and access them from any PC and phone. These are loaded at high resolution (16 Megapixel maximum) and are resized in case you use a camera that takes pictures at a higher resolution. The application also includes photo correction tools, automatic manipulation and standard editing. In another article, the guide to using Google Photos and all its automatic and manual functions.
- Snapseed is perhaps the best free application to easily edit photos on an Android mobile or tablet using your fingers on the screen, to which I have dedicated a separate review. It comes with a variety of both simple and advanced tools such as support for RAW files, red eye removal, and filters.
- Photoshop Express, a simplified version of the famous Photoshop photo editing program, with simple and essential tools. Photoshop apps work well for doing simple things like filters and stickers and are free.
- Photoshop Lightroom per Android, which contains more advanced tools than the Express version, always free, we reviewed it in another post.
- Le app Magic ViewFinder are photography apps that allow you to emulate leading Canon, Nikon, Lumix, Sony and more cameras. You can then test virtually every professional camera setup to prepare your shots before taking them, then, with real cameras.
- Touch retouch, the only non-free app on the list (2 Euro) is a photo editor app that allows you to remove small imperfections. You can then remove people, stains on a wall, bins or other ugly elements to see. For free alternatives, in another article the best apps to change or remove the background in photos.
- Polar Express is the best app to improve photo quality. I talk about it in another article.
- Photor is a great app similar to Snapseed to edit photos easily, but with advanced modes.
- VSCO, one of the most famous apps of the Apple Store, now also available for Android for free, entering the top positions among the most popular and best photo editing apps.
- Camera360 it is one of the most downloaded applications from the Android store except that the free version is a bit restricted in functionality. There are also many fun effects and you can make photo montages by putting other images on top of your photos.
- BeFunky is a popular website where you can apply different effects to photos from your computer (see the best free photo editing web applications). The application for Android is free and allows you to edit photos with special effects, with brightness and contrast, frames and much more.
- PhotoFunia is meant for users who want to have fun with their photos to apply photomontages. In another article, the best photo montage apps on Android and iPhone.
- Pixlr-o-matic is another great application for Android similar to Instagram, with many effects and colored filters to add with a tap on your photos. There are frames, vintage effects, and backgrounds to put in transparency.
- Face Lab allows you to smooth the skin, whiten teeth and improve all aesthetic imperfections. This is one of the best apps to correct face, skin and blemishes in photos
- Photo Editor, new application of 2017 very easy to use, complete, ad-free and very rich in effects, filters and photo editing tools.
- Retro Camera is an app to take pictures with automatic vintage effects so that they look like they were taken by a camera from the 80s.
- Cyberlink Photodirector is one of the most popular photo editing apps on the store, with many tools such as adjusting colors, hues, brightness, exposure and contrast, saturation and various effects.
- Line camera is a free application to take photos and then edit them by adding frames, drawings, applying Instagram-style filters and much more.
- Photo Editor is a very popular Android mobile application downloaded by more than one million people. This application contains more than 40 filters and special effects, then you can add stickers, writings, frames and turn photos into postcards, magazines, paintings and so on.
- Pixlr on Autodesk together with Fotor and SnapSeed it represents the top of applications to edit photos quickly with effects and with an easy to use but also very complete editor.
- PicsArt Studio (formerly PicsIn) is the most powerful of the All-in-One image editors for Android and it's also free. PicsArt combines the best features of many photo applications with tons of filters and tools to create collages, add frames, stickers, texts, clipart, crop, rotate, adjust colors and add artistic effects to images. In addition to the photos already taken, you can also use the Picsart camera application which improves the standard one with many additional options.
- Prisma, the app that turns photos into works of art for Android
- bazaart, a popular photo editor for iPhone has now arrived for Android devices as well. With a good number of features, it also includes an automatic background removal tool.