Before getting to the heart of the tutorial, then going to explain what are the exact steps that must be taken for open the ports of the Vodafone router, there are some preliminary operations that you have to accomplish.
First, you need to worry about locating theIP address of the router, through which you will be able to access the management panel of the appliance and act on the settings of your interest. Usually, the IP address of the Vodafone Station corresponds to http: //vodafone.station/ or 192.168.1.1. Either way, you should find this information written directly on a dedicated one label affixed to the back of the router and on the documentation supplied with the sales package.
If the coordinates that I have just provided you are not correct or, in any case, if proceeding as I have just indicated you do not find the IP address of the Vodafone Station, you can obtain it by acting from the computer, as indicated below.
- On Windows, april il Command Prompt, facendo click sul Start button (I cheer with the windows flag) che trovi nella part in fund to sinistra della taskbartyping cmd in the displayed search field and selecting the relevant result. In the command line window that appears on the desktop, enter the command ipconfig and by Submit. This way you will be able to know all the details about the network in use (including the local IP address of the router to which you are connected). Next to the item Default gateway you should find the IP address of the Vodafone Station.
- Your macOS, click the icon of System Preference (Quella with the ruota d'ingranaggio) located on the Dock bar and, in the window you see appear on the desktop, select the icon Network. Next, select the type of network you are connected to (Wi-Fi o Ethernet) from the left sidebar and press the button Advanced located at the bottom right. Then go to the tab TCP / IP and check what is written next to the item Router: that is the IP address of the Vodafone Station.
Once you have obtained the data in question, open the browser you usually use to surf the Internet (eg. Chrome), type theIP of the Vodafone Station in address bar located at the top and press the button Submit on the keyboard.
Within a few seconds you should see the main page of the Vodafone Station management panel appear. However, if you have set one Password to access the device, first you will be shown a screen with the request for credentials to log in.
In this second case, type in the required access key and click on the button Log in. If you can't remember the password anymore, you can try to fix it by following the instructions in my guide on how to see the modem password.
How to open a port on the Vodafone router
After logging into the Vodafone Station management panel, you can finally take the real action. Below, therefore, you will find explained how to open the doors of the Vodafone router by intervening on all the various models available.
Open the doors of the Vodafone Station Revolution router
Would you open the ports of the Vodafone router for eMule or you would like it open the ports of the Vodafone router for uTorrent and own one Vodafone Station Revolution? If so, first click the arrow next to the drop-down menu at the top right and select the option Expert user mode, in order to make visible all the options available in the control panel of the appliance.
Then, select the item Internet from the red bar at the top and click on the wording Door management present side menu. At this point, locate the section Port association, on the right, and click the relevant button capacitor positive (+) lead.
Therefore, choose the service for which you intend to open the doors, using the drop-down menu Service: if the service you are interested in is not listed, select the option custom and type its name in the field Service Name below.
Then select the device for which you want to grant the opening of the doors, using the drop-down menu Device, and / or type its IP address in the fields located next to the item Local IP address.
Next, indicate the protocol you intend to use, via the drop-down menu Protocol, and enter the number of ports of your interest in the fields adjacent to the entries Public door e Local port. If you need to work on a range of public ports, select the option first Port range at the item Type doors.
To save the changes, click on the buttons Save e Apply and that's it: all changes will take effect immediately, without having to restart the Vodafone Station.
If, on the other hand, you want to open the doors of your Vodafone Station Revolution not only for a specific device but for all those connected to the network generated by the router, proceed as follows: locate the section Triggering gates on the right side of the appliance management panel, visible after clicking on the wording Internet on the red bar at the top, then click on the item Door management in the side menu and press the relevant button capacitor positive (+) lead.
In the window that opens, fill in the field Service with the name of the service of your interest, choose the protocol for the ports from the drop-down menu Outbound protocol, decide whether to open a single door or a range by selecting the correct option for the item Type doors and enter the port number (or ports, depending on the choice made previously) in correspondence with the field (or fields) Door out. Then do the same for the menus and fields related to the section Inbound protocol.
Again, once the changes are complete, remember to click on the button first Save e poi quello Apply, to ensure that all changes made are actually saved and applied.
Both with regard to the doors added to the section Port association than for those added to the section Triggering gates, if you deem it necessary, you can make any changes later by clicking on the icon with the pencil present in their correspondence. If necessary, the doors can also be deleted by clicking on the icon with the dustbin.
If you do not want to have to open the doors of all the various programs and services of your interest from time to time, you could consider taking advantage of the UPnP protocol (Universal Plug and Play) to do everything automatically, without having to perform a manual configuration like the one described above. It must be said, however, that this move is generally not recommended for safety reasons. If you can, keep opening the doors manually as seen above.
If you really want to enable the UPnP in question by clicking on the item sharing that you find on the red bar at the top and, subsequently, on the item Advanced Settings in the side menu. Then find the wording UPnP right, bring up ON the relevant switch and click the button Apply, to save and apply the changes.
Open the ports of the Vodafone Power Station router
You own one Vodafone Power Station and are you wondering how to open ports on this router model? In this case, I inform you that the procedure you must implement is identical to the one already seen together in the previous step relating to the Vodafone Station Revolution. Both routers, in fact, have the same management panel with the same settings, which is why absolutely nothing changes.
Open the ports of the Vodafone Station router
Let's see now how to open the doors of the Vodafone Station 1 e Vodafone Station 2: the steps to be taken for both router models are the same.
First, after entering the administration panel of the device as seen in the initial step of the tutorial, click on the entry Firewall that you find in the left sidebar, then click on the wording port Forwarding Present on the menu if you press.
In the Create new found on the right side of the new screen displayed, select the service or program for which you intend to open the doors from the drop-down menus above. If, on the other hand, you want to insert a personalized service, select the option Custom services and type its name in the adjacent field.
Next, specify the IP address of the device of your interest in the field Local IP address and fill in the fields Start of outer door e End internal door e Home interior door e End internal door that you find below with the number of ports, after selecting the type of protocol from the drop-down menu Protocol.
To save the changes, click on the button Crea located at the bottom. After doing this, the changes made will be applied immediately, with no need to reboot the router.
If you then need to open the doors of your Vodafone Station not only for a specific device but for all those connected to the network generated by the router, select the wording Port Triggering from the menu Firewall present in the left sidebar and proceed in the same way as I just indicated. In this case, however, you will not be asked to specify the IP address of the device of your interest.
In case of dubbi or problem
Have you followed my instructions in detail but have not yet managed to understand how to open the doors of your Vodafone router? Under the circumstances, I recommend that you consult the support pages of the Vodafone site and try to see if there are information relevant to you in the documentation available for the various Vodafone Station models.
You can also try to consult the community of Vodafone, by connecting to its home page and searching among the discussions already open for those that you think could be of help. Optionally, you can also start a new discussion yourself.
In the unfortunate event that proceeding as I have indicated above you should not be able to solve your problem, I suggest you get in touch with the customer care of the operator, in order to receive direct support. You can do this in various ways.
- 190 - by calling the number in question and requesting the assistance of an operator, you can point out the problems you have with your Vodafone Station and receive the help you need. The number is active 24 hours a day, but the technical assistance staff are only available from 24 to 08.00.
- Facebook - by connecting to the Vodafone Facebook page and clicking on the button to send a message, you can write to the operator and ask for support. The technicians answer only from 08.00 to 22.00, but the account is always active.
- Twitter - by sending a private message to the @VodafoneIT account on Twitter, you can request assistance from Vodafone. First, however, you must get the operator's attention by posting a public tweet addressed to the manager's account and wait for the latter's response. In the public message, please, do not enter sensitive information, as it could be read by everyone. The service is operational from 08.00 to 22.00, but the account is always active.
- Vodafone shops - if you prefer, you can also go to a physical Vodafone store and ask for help directly on the spot. To find the Vodafone center closest to your home, use the map on this page of the operator's website.
For more details about how you can get in touch with Vodafone customer service, I suggest you read my specific guide on how to talk to a Vodafone operator.How to open the ports of the Vodafone router