How to have Internet at home with a landline
Before you see like having Internet at home with a landline and review the main offers formulated by the main cittàn providers, allow me to illustrate the various technologies that allow you to connect to the Internet.
- ADSL (Asymmetric Digital Subscriber Line) - this technology carries out the transmission of data by exploiting copper cables, the same used to make telephone calls. This transmission medium has limitations both as regards the band frequency and the dispersion of the signal and it is for this reason that with ADSL it is not possible to exceed download speeds higher than 20 Mbps, while commonly in the upload phase it never goes beyond 1 Mbps.
- FTTC (Fiber To The Cabinet) o FTTS (Fiber To The Street) - it is a rather widespread type of optical fiber, but among those available it is the least performing. Because? THE glass cables of the optical fiber, which are the ones that guarantee the speed of the connection, are found only from the control unit to the cabinet on the road; the remaining path (the one that goes from the cabinet to the building) is covered by copper cables (used, as I have already told you, by ADSL technology). With this "mixed copper fiber" technology it is possible to reach speeds higher than those guaranteed by ADSL alone, but lower than those in optical fiber alone. As a guideline, this technology guarantees a download speed between 50 and 200 Mbps).
- FTTB (Fiber To The Building) o FTTN (Fiber To The Node) - in this case i glass cables of the optical fiber reach the foundations of the building. Through a active apparatus (usually positioned in the basement of the building), the reception and then the "subdivision" of the connection between the various interiors takes place, using the copper cable. Although it has lower performance than fiber-optic connections only, this technology is able to guarantee very high speeds, even up to 500 Mbps.
- FTTH (Fiber To The Home) - this is the technology that allows you to connect to the Internet with only optical fiber, as i glass cables they are brought directly into the homes and the data travels exclusively through the latter, from the control panel to the modem (and vice versa). All this translates into very powerful connections, capable of touching peaks of 1.000 Mbps. To take advantage of this technology, it is usually necessary to request a technical intervention during the activation phase of the line, necessary for the replacement of the copper cables, which are usually present in buildings, with optical fiber ones.
Now we can actually review the main offerings of fixed line operators. Evaluate for yourself which promotions are most in line with your needs.
If you want to activate one of the offers for the fixed line of TIM, I point out some plans that include calls and Internet line at very attractive prices. You can find them listed below.
- TIM Super Fiber - it is TIM's flagship offer as regards the fixed network and puts on the plate the fiber optic network up to 1 Gbps in download and 10 Mbps in upload, calls at 19 cents / minute and 19 cents. connection fee and the TIMVISION service. If desired, it is possible to include a package of your choice in the offer to have unlimited calls, view exclusive TIMVISION content and so on. During promotional periods, you do not have to pay for activation, which otherwise costs 180 euros, divided into 12 monthly installments of 15 euros each. By making the early withdrawal (therefore before 12 months from the signing of the contract), the missing installments must be paid to TIM as regards activation and modem.
- MEGA Super TEAM - shares the features and costs with the plan mentioned in the previous point, with the difference that the browsing speed in this case does not exceed 200 Mbps in download (with FTTC technology) or 100 Mbps in download (with FTTE technology).
- TIM Super ADSL - ADSL variant of the plans mentioned in the previous points, which allows you to surf up to 20 Mbps in download and 1 Mbps in upload.
If you want some more information on these and other TIM offers, I suggest you take a look at the in-depth analysis that I have just linked to you: I am sure it will be useful to you.
Now, let's move on to Vodafone. In the operator's price list there are several interesting offers, some of which deserve to be particularly taken into consideration, such as those listed below.
- Unlimited internet - this is an offer that allows you to surf up to 1 Gbps in download and 200 Mbps in upload, call all national landlines and mobile numbers at 0 cents / minute + 19 cents. connection fee (during promotional periods, calls are free and unlimited) and call landlines in Western Europe, the United States and Canada for 19 cents / min + 19 cents. connection set-up. The offer also includes a data-only SIM with 30 GB in 4G per month, the Vodafone Power Station modem and the free Secure Network service for the first three months. During the promo period, the plan also includes fuel vouchers, shopping vouchers and sometimes even hi-tech gadgets (such as the Google Home Mini). Activation costs 24 euros (usually free for those who activate online) and there is a 24-month commitment. If you withdraw in advance, you must pay the manager a contribution of 28 euros + that relating to amounts due to discounts and promotions that you have used.
- Vodafone One Pro - "all in one" promotion which, in addition to having the same characteristics as the plan mentioned above, also provides a SIM with unlimited minutes for everyone, 25 GB of data traffic in 4G and unlimited navigation for chat, social networks and maps. More info here.
For more information on what are the best Vodafone offers, please consult the guide I have dedicated to the topic.
We also review some offers of WINDTRE, provider born from the merger of Wind and Tre città. Below are some plans that may be in line with your needs.
- Super Fibra Unlimited - this plan includes unlimited Internet surfing up to 1000 Mbps in download and 100 Mbps in upload in the areas covered by FTTH technology, unlimited calls to all national fixed and mobile numbers.
- Internet 200 / 100 Unlimited - it has the same characteristics as Super Fibra Unlimited, with the difference that in this case the browsing speed of 200 or 100 Mega in download is guaranteed (based on the available coverage).
- Internet 20 Unlimited - this plan has the same characteristics as those just mentioned, but allows you to browse up to 20 Mega in download, as it is the ADSL version of the aforementioned offers.
In the price list Fastweb the offer is present Fastweb House, which includes connection up to the maximum download speed of 1 Gbps and 100 Mbps, unlimited calls to all national landlines and mobile numbers + the FASTGate modem. The promotion includes activation and assistance.
Fastweb Casa, while not providing for contractual obligations, involves the payment of 29,95 euros in case of deactivation. Once the first year of subscription is over, the monthly fee could be increased; those who are customers Sky, DAZN o Eni gas and lightinstead, they can enjoy special discounts on the promotion in question.
Like having the Internet at home without a phone
If you want to know how to have Internet at home without a telephone, perhaps because your area is not covered by the technologies mentioned in the initial chapter of the guide or, more simply, because you only want to have an Internet connection, without having a telephone line, you can opt for some alternative solutions. I'll list them for you below.
- Connection via radio waves / 4G - this technology uses the radio waves. The provider, in fact, employs gods 4G repeaters to which it is possible to connect using an internal receiver (e.g. a 4G key or an internal router). In other cases, a combination of external receiver (usually equipped with an antenna) and a internal router. In the vast majority of cases, then, it is necessary to install a dedicated SIM inside the connection device (whether it is internal or external, it does not matter).
- Satellite connection - it is a connection in some ways similar to the one that allows you to receive the television satellite signal. In this case, in fact, the satellites, ground stations it's a parable. The signal from satellites orbiting the Earth is transmitted towards ground stations, which have the task of transmitting requests for content from the satellite to the network servers (and vice versa). This is an on average expensive solution and often with traffic limits, but indispensable in some areas.
Having made this very quick examination of the types of connections available, allow me to show you the best offers made available by some providers operating in the sector.
Cheapnet is an operator that allows you to connect to the Internet via radio wave technology. Among the various offers it offers there is Home 20 Mega, which includes unlimited internet connection up to 20 Mega in download at 26,90 € (free activation).
Alternatively, you can activate the plans Home 30 Mega (Costs 29,90 euro / month), Home 50 Mega (Costs 36,90 euro / month) is Home 100 Mega (Costs 39,90 euro / month), which include practically the same benefits as the Home 20 Mega plan, but as their name suggests, they offer faster connection speeds: up to 30, 50 and 100 Mega in downloads, respectively. None of the above plans include calls.
For more information on these and other Cheapnet offers, I recommend that you visit this page on the operator's website.
Also EOLO is an operator that offers fast Internet connection using radio wave technologies or even fiber. Among the plans present in the provider's price list, I suggest you evaluate EOLO Easy, which includes unlimited Internet connection up to 30 Mbps in downloads + unlimited calls to national landlines and mobile phones. It costs 26,90 euro / month. When activating EOLO Easy, you have to face a one-off installation cost of 39,90 euros (during promotional periods it could be free). In case of withdrawal, the operator must pay 54,90 euros for the uninstallation of the equipment. More info here.
Another plan I recommend you try is EOLO Super, which includes unlimited Internet browsing up to 100 Mbps in downloads + unlimited and free calls to national mobile and landline numbers. The offer also includes a 6-month subscription to a digital service of your choice between NOW TV, Amazon Prime Video, Xbox Live Gold and free DAZN viewing for 6 months. Costs and constraints are the same as the plan I mentioned earlier. More info here.
How to have the Internet at home without a modem
You stai chiedendo like having the Internet at home without a modem, as none of the solutions I mentioned previously satisfied you? Well, the only "card" you have left is to resort to hotspot function. What's it about? Put simply, you can take advantage of the active data plan on your own SIMs., sharing the connection on other devices.
In order to do this, it is advisable to have activated a data plan on the SIM that is consistent with the Web activity you want to do (otherwise you could quickly run out of Giga of your offer and / or incur extra costs).
For more information on how to use the hotspot, I refer you to reading the in-depth study that I have entirely dedicated to the topic. I am sure it will be useful to you.Like having the Internet at home