Are you a fan of films and TV series and, as soon as you have the opportunity, you spend your free time "consuming" the catalog of Netflix. But now you have had a "hitch": you have to access the service from a new device and you have realized that you no longer remember the password associated with your account. Don't worry: if things are actually this way, I'm here to help you.
In today's guide, in fact, I will illustrate you in detail how to recover Netflix password using the password managers included in web browsers, smartphones and tablets (in which you have most likely stored your credentials). Also, in case you have trouble finding your Netflix account login information, I will explain how to reset your password and still get your profile back.
How do you say? Is it exactly what you were looking for? Then let's not waste any more precious time! All you have to do is carefully read all the tips you will find in the next chapters and put them into practice. I'm sure by the end of reading you'll have all the information you need to restore access to your Netflix account. Having said that, I just have to wish you a good read and, above all, a good vision!
- How to find Netflix passwords
- From PC
- Give smartphone and tablet
- How to reset Netflix password
- From PC
- Give smartphone and tablet
- Yes TV
How to find Netflix passwords
Do you want find the Netflix password? In this case, if you no longer remember it, you can try to search for it among those stored on your devices. How? I'll explain it to you in detail in the next chapters.
If you signed in to the Netflix website through your favorite browser and agreed to save your credentials upon signing in, being able to view your login information will be a breeze.
You must know, in fact, that web browsers are equipped with an integrated password manager that allows you to store the access data of the sites you visit (as long as you authorize this operation). If you have not authorized the saving of passwords in the browser, do not despair: you can always reset the password and regain possession of your Netflix account, as I will explain later, also in this tutorial. Now, however, ban the chatter and let's see how to access the password managers of the main web browsers.
- Google Chrome: Click the icon ⋮ situata in alto a destra e seleciona la voce Settings from the menu that opens, Go to the tab You and Google, select the voice Password and use the search bar at the top to type the term "Netflix". If you have a match in the results below, click onicona dell'occhio and insertion il PIN computer to view the Netflix account password.
- Microsoft Edge: tap on the icon ... located at the top right and, in the menu you see, click on the item first Settings and then on the board profiles. Adesso, select the voice Password and, using the search bar at the top, type the term "Netflix". Among the results displayed below, if you find the entry corresponding to Netflix, click on theicona dell'occhio and type il PIN on your PC, to view the password you are looking for.
- Mozilla Firefox: press the ☰ icon located at the top right and click on the item Credentials and passwords in the opened menu. In the screen that is shown to you, use the search bar at the top to type in the term "Netflix". In the left sidebar, you will be shown the search results: click on the one named Netflix (if present) and press onicona dell'occhio to view the Netflix password.
- Internet Explorer: The login data saved with Internet Explorer can be found in the Control Panel Windows. Therefore, look for the latter in the Start menu (the one that opens by clicking on the icon of the pennant) and select the first result that is returned to you. Then go on User Accounts> Credential Management> Web Credentials and scroll through the list that is shown to you, to identify if the access data to the Netflix website are present. If you find them, click on the wording Show, to view the stored password (you may be prompted for the PIN Windows user login).
- Safari: click on the item Safari present in the menu bar, top left, and select the item Pref Renze from the menu that opens. In the new screen that is shown to you, tap on the tab Password and type the administration password on your Mac. At this point, use the search bar that appears on the screen to type the term "Netflix" and click on the corresponding result to view the login data of the famous streaming service.
Still unsure how to view the password stored on your web browser? Then all you have to do is consult all the information I gave you in my guide on how to view saved passwords.
Give smartphone and tablet
If you are signed in to the Netflix website or its dedicated app through your smartphone o tablet, you can find the password to access the service by relying on the password memorization functions present on the devices in question.
Su Android, the login data of websites and apps are stored on the Google account possibly configured on the device. To access this feature, launch the app Settings and select the item Google. At this point, press the button Manage your Google account and presses on the card Safety.
Among the different items you see, click on the one named Password manager and use the search bar that is shown to you to type the term "Netflix". If the corresponding search result appears, tap on it and enter the PIN unlock the device. Pressing onicona dell'occhio, you will be able to read the password associated with the Netflix account.
Su iPhone e iPadinstead, all you have to do is launch the app Settings and then select the item Password. At this point, use the Face ID, Touch ID or Apple ID password to unlock access to the section.
Using the search bar that is shown to you, type the term "Netflix" and presses on the appropriate search result, so as to view the details of the stored login information, including the password associated with your Netflix account.
How to reset Netflix password
Despite having followed the procedures indicated in the previous chapters, were you unable to find the Netflix password? If this is the case, you have almost certainly never consented to the saving of login information for this service. In that case, the only alternative left to you is to do the password reset. Find out how to proceed in the lines below.
If you use Netflix on your PC, via your web browser or the desktop application for Windows 10, the password reset procedure is very simple.
Therefore, open your browser and reach this link, which refers to the section for recovering the login credentials of a Netflix account. You will be offered two methods of recovery: via e-mail and away SMS. Regarding the latter method, although more practical, it is not certain that you can use it, as it is necessary that you have added a telephone number to your profile and, unfortunately, this procedure does not take place during the account creation phase.
However, if you have already added a phone number, by selecting the entry Text message (SMS), you will be prompted to type the telephone number associated with the account for which you want to reset the password. Within a few moments, you will receive an SMS with a code which will allow you to reset your password, following a short on-screen procedure.
If you choose, instead, the option Email, you just have to type theemail address associated with your Netflix account and, after performing this operation, carefully follow the instructions contained in the e-mail message you will receive.
What you will have to do is to press the button or link provided in the message received and use the appropriate text boxes on the web page that is shown to you, to type the new password to use to access your account.
If you have not associated any phone number to your account and you have no idea which email you used during registration, the only alternative you have left is to click on the wording I don't remember my email address or my phone number.
In this case, you will be asked for some information about the account owner: name, last name and credit or debit card number used for the subscription.
Still unable to access this information as you are a Netflix subscriber through a partner company? In this case, all you have to do is access the Netflix help area and use the search engine to type the company name. In this way, you will access the Netflix FAQ card on the partner company indicated, with information also regarding how to reset the password.
However, if you run into any problems, you have two alternatives: contact Netflix, through the advice I have given you in this guide of mine, or contact the partner company, if you are a Netflix subscriber through a third party service.
Give smartphone and tablet
On smartphones and tablets it is not possible to change the password to Netflix through the dedicated app. The procedure to follow requires access from a web browser to the credentials recovery section, which is identical to the one I have already described to you.
Therefore, all you have to do, therefore, is to carefully read all the tips and procedures that I have provided you just now, so as to be sure to be able to reset the password of your Netflix account without any hitch.
Do you watch Netflix content via the app available on Smart TV? In this case, know that, in addition to following the procedures I described above, you can also reset the password through the functionality integrated in the Netflix application for Smart TV.
I warn you that you can start this procedure from the Smart TV, but you will still have to continue through a web browser. First of all, what you have to do is press the button Log in, which you find on the home screen after starting the Netflix app.
Once this is done, click on the wording Forgot Password and type l 'email address associated with your Netflix account. Now, press the button Following and confirm the message on the screen, in order to receive an email containing the link to reset your account password.
At this point, log in to your e-mail box and follow the instructions indicated to proceed with resetting your password. This procedure is similar to the one I have already described to you in this chapter, which also contains other information on how to proceed with password recovery using other methods that are not available in the Smart TV application.