TIMTag SLIM: main functions
Before getting to the heart of this post and explaining yourself how TIMTag SLIM works, I would like to offer you a general overview of functions of this device; device that, as already mentioned, allows you to locate objects (eg bags or suitcases), pets and personal means of transport (eg bikes) providing warnings about the geographical position of the latter.
- Where is it now - this is the function to find out the current position of the monitored object or animal. The localization takes place via GPS or, if the GPS signal is not available, via the GSM network which however has a lower accuracy (in this case the accuracy of the localization can vary between a hundred meters and a few kilometers).
- follow me - as can be easily guessed, this is a function that allows you to follow all the movements of the monitored object or animal in real time. It consumes a lot of battery, so it is good to limit its use only to cases of real need.
- Trovami - thanks to this function it is possible to locate the object or animal monitored via TIMTag SLIM and view the necessary path to reach it on a map.
- Movement alarm - is a function that allows you to receive an alert whenever the monitored object or animal remains in the same place for a long time (mode Guardian) or suffer a violent shock (modality Crash).
- Speed tutor - a function through which it is possible to receive alerts when the monitored object or animal exceeds a certain speed of movement.
- Location alarm (Geofence) - this is the function that allows you to receive alerts when the monitored object or animal leaves a geographical area deemed safe.
Finally, it should be emphasized that the use of TIMTag SLIM is not limited to a single user (it is possible to authorize other users and make them access some functions of the device by entering their telephone number in the TIMTag app) and that more than one TIMTag SLIM can be managed from the same smartphone. In short, there is full freedom of action without sacrificing on the security front.
TIMTag SLIM: contents of the package
Once purchased, TIMtag SMART comes with everything you need to start locating your belongings, pets or transportation. In the package of the device there are:
- Il TIMtag SMART which, as previously mentioned, measures just 37 x 48 x 14 mm for 30 grams of weight, is waterproof and has an integrated battery that ensures from 12 hours to 3 days of autonomy (depending on how many times the device is recalled for location of your objects or pets).
- A fixing cover on collars to connect the TIMTag SLIM to your pet's collar.
- A magnetic charging base (with relative cable e power pack) which allows you to recharge the TIMTag SLIM battery simply by placing the device on it.
- A card with i SIM data integrated in TIMTag SLIM. The SIM is not removable and must be activated at a TIM store to start taking advantage of TIMTag's location services.
- La Quick start Guide with instructions to use TIMTag SLIM.
How to buy TIMTag SLIM
TIMTag SLIM is intended for rechargeable customers residing in Italy and can only be used for personal purposes. It can be purchased with a one-time payment at the cost of 129 € or, if you were a TIM fixed network customer, a 2,99 euro / 4 weeks for 36 renewals with charge on the bill (for a total of 107 euros). In both cases, the payment entitles you to one 12-month subscription to the TIMTag service, that is the service through which TIMTag SLIM communicates on the GPRS network. The plan includes 100MB of Internet traffic and 100 SMS that are renewed every 30 days, in this way you can cover even the most intense uses of the device. Starting from the 13th month, unless canceled by the customer, the service is automatically renewed at 3 euros / month with a charge on the remaining credit of the SIM.
If everything is clear so far and you want to buy TIMTag SLIM, connect to the TIM website and click on the button Buy Now. Then choose whether to buy the device by making a one-time payment by clicking on the button Buy in a single solution or whether to buy it in installments in the bill by clicking on the button Buy Now.
On the page that opens, then fill out the form that is proposed to you by entering all your personal data (name, surname, social security number, address etc.), you agree to the processing of personal data by placing the check mark next to the appropriate item and click on the button Confirmation. Then provide a valid payment method (eg. credit card) and complete the transaction in order to receive TIMTag SLIM directly to your home.
If you are already registered for TIM's online services, you can avoid filling out the form with your personal data by authenticating with your account. Just click on the item Are you already a TIM customer and are you registered? Log in to speed up your purchase.
Not a particularly technological type? No problem, you can also buy TIMTag SLIM from a TIM shop of your city. To find the TIM stores closest to your home connected to this web page.
How to activate TIMTag SLIM
After purchasing TIMTag SLIM, to start using the device you need activate the SIM included in it and install the app TIMTag on your smartphone.
To activate the SIM included in TIMTag SLIM - which, I remind you, is not removable - you must go to a TIM center in your city and request the completion of the operation. Activation takes place within 48 hours and is notified by SMS. If you do not know where the TIM center closest to your home is, connect to the operator's website and use the map on the latter.
To download the TIMTag app, all you have to do is open the store of your smartphone and search for it within the latter. If you need more detailed instructions, read on.
- Android - if you want to install the TIMTag app on an Android terminal, all you have to do is open the Play Store (the icon with the colored ▶ ︎ symbol on the home screen) and search TIM day in the search bar at the top. When the operation is completed, you must select the TIMTag icon from the search results and you must proceed with the installation of the app by pressing the button Install. If you are reading this post directly from Android, press here to directly open the Play Store on the TIMTag download page.
- iOS - if you want to install the TIMTag app on an iPhone or iPad, you must open theApp Store (the icon of the letter "A" on a blue background located on the home screen), select the function Search and search TIM day in the appropriate bar. When the operation is completed, select the TIMTag icon from the search results and press the button Ottieni / Installa to proceed with the download of the application. You may be asked to confirm your identity using Touch ID or by typing your Apple ID password. If you are reading this post directly from iPhone or iPad, press here to directly open the App Store on the TIMTag download page.
Once installation is complete, you must start the TIMTag app, create an account and associate your TIMTag SLIM with it. Therefore, he presses on his voice Subscribe which is at the bottom of the screen and choose whether to use the first password that is automatically generated by the app or to generate another by "tapping" the button Generate a password.
At this point, pigia sul pulsating Continue, accepts the conditions of use of the TIMTag service by "tapping" the button Accept and send the request for activation of your account via SMS by clicking on green Arrow if you use an iOS terminal or by answering Yes the warning that appears on the screen if you use an Android terminal. Within a few seconds you should receive a confirmation message that your account has been activated.
Once you have received the confirmation message relating to the activation of your TIMTag account, you can associate your TIMTag SLIM to the app. To do this, perform thelogin to your account (by entering phone number and password in the appropriate text fields), presses the button Add device and fill out the form that is proposed to you with your tracker data.
You can choose whether to insert the serial number of your TIMTag SLIM manually, by copying it from the label on the back of the device, or by scanning it with the smartphone camera. In this second case you have to press the button SCAN and frame the label on the back of the TIMTag SLIM with the smartphone camera.
After entering the serial number, type the name of the object or animal to be monitored in the appropriate text field and, if you want, add a photo of the latter by pressing the icon of camera. Finally, "tap" the button Register and start managing your TIMTag SLIM as I'm about to explain.
How to use TIMTag SLIM
For Location Services to work properly, TIMTag SLIM must be charged and turned on. To turn on the device just hold down the button Power (the one that is in the center, on the front) for a couple of seconds. Of the Colored LEDs indicate the ignition status.
- Yellow LED flashing every 2 seconds indicates that TIMTag SLIM is in the power-up phase.
- Yellow and red LED flashing alternately every 2 seconds indicates that TIMTag SLIM is starting up but the battery is almost flat.
- Green LED flashing every 2 seconds indicates that TIMTag SLIM is on and ready to monitor objects or animals.
- Green and yellow LED flashing alternately every 2 seconds indicates that TIMTag SLIM is on, functioning but with an almost discharged battery.
If the device is almost empty, place it on the magnetic charging base (which you must have properly connected to the mains via the supplied cable and power supply) and wait for the recharge to finish. The charging process can also be easily interpreted via i Colored LEDs found on TIMTag SLIM.
- Flashing blue LED indicates that the device is charging.
- Solid blue LED indicates that the device is charged.
Once your TIMTag SLIM has been loaded and turned on, connect it to the object you want to monitor or insert it into the collar of your four-legged friend (using the special cover supplied with the tracker) and use the TIMTag app to take advantage of all its features. potential. Now I'll explain how.
How to locate an object or animal with TIMTag SLIM
If you want to locate an object, an animal or a means of transport with TIMTag SLIM, log in to your account in the TIMTag app (by activating the lever located next to the option Memorize the password you can activate automatic login without entering the password for subsequent accesses) and select the name of your tracker from the screen that opens.
At this point, "tap" on the item Actions at the bottom and select one of the icons in the menu that opens. If you want to know the current position of the tracker (and therefore the object or animal that it is monitoring), press the icon Where is it now. Within a few seconds you should see the position of the TIMTag SLIM.
If you want to follow in real time all the movements of an animal, a means of transport or an object being moved, go to the menu Actions of the TIMTag app and presses the icon follow me. In this way you can follow all the movements of the device in real time on a map.
The "Follow me" function is very expensive in terms of battery for the TIMTag SLIM and temporarily deactivates the alerts for all events related to the movement of the tracker (alerts which I will talk about shortly). Use it with due caution. When you no longer need it, you can turn it off simply by calling up the menu Actions of the TIMTag app and pressing the icon follow me.
Another localization function included in the TIMTag app is the one called Trovami which, as easily understood, allows you to trace the tracker on a map by displaying the path necessary to reach it starting from your current position.
To call up the "Find me" function, go to the menu Actions of the TIMTag app and presses the icon Trovami. Within a few seconds you will see a path marked on the map appear that should take you to the exact point where the tracker is (and therefore the object or animal to be recovered). At the end of the search, to deactivate the "Find me" function, go back to the menu Actions of the TIMTag app and presses the icon Trovami.
As already mentioned, the accuracy of the localization varies according to the system that TIMTag SLIM is able to exploit. If the location is via GPS, the accuracy is extremely high. If, on the other hand, the GPS signal is not available (perhaps because the tracker is indoors or in a narrow area where the GPS signal does not arrive), the cellular network (GPRS) is used which, depending on the positioning of the antennas, can have a margin of error of a hundred meters or a few kilometers.
To find out how TIMTag SLIM receives GPS and GPRS signals, check the "cleats" next to the items GPS e GSM top right in the TIMTag app. In the same position you will also find the indicator with the charge level of the battery.
If you are interested, I point out that by pressing the button (I) located at the bottom right and selecting the icon Historical from the menu that opens, you can view the history of all the geographical positions previously detected with the TIMTag app.
How to set up motion alerts in TIMTag
TIMTag SLIM is an excellent tool for monitoring objects, pets and means of transport because it does not limit itself to communicating the geographical position of the latter: it also allows us to receive warning when the monitored elements leave a certain geographical area, remain in the same place for too long, are moved after a long stop, are subjected to shocks or move at certain speeds.
To set the alerts to be received in case of movement of the tracker, open the TIMTag app, log in to your account, select the name of your TIMTag SLIM and press the icon of thegear which is located at the bottom left. At this point, go on Movement and choose which options to activate from those available.
- Guardian which allows you to receive an alert if the device moves after a long stop or remains stationary for a long time.
- Crash which allows you to receive an alert if the device receives a violent shock.
The Crash function can be activated simply by moving to ON the lever located next to its name. The function Guardian, on the other hand, it provides two activation modes: Parking to receive alerts when the device is moving after a long stop e Sleep to receive alerts when the device has been stationary in the same place for more than 5, 10, 30, 60 or 120 minutes. To activate one and / or the other mode just move on ON the relative lever after having "tapped" on the voice Guardian.
If you want to set other types of alerts, such as those relating to moving TIMTag SLIM out of a geographical area or moving the device at certain speeds, press the icon of thegear located at the bottom left and select the item Safety give the menu to compare.
In the screen that opens, if you want to activate an alarm when TIMTag SLIM enters or leaves a certain geographical area, go to Geofence e pulsing sul pulsating Add the first geofence (or on the button capacitor positive (+) lead at the top right if you have already set up a safe zone before). Therefore indicate if you want to add a geofence (therefore a safety zone) circular o square and use the tools on the map to outline the geographical area to keep under control.
Next, type a name for your safe zone in the text field located at the top left, move up ON the levetta Attiva located at the top right, presses the button < (top left) and that's it.
If you want to activate alarms when TIMTag SLIM moves at a certain speed, go to the menu Safety of the TIMTag app and select the option Speed. Then activate the lever which is at the top and specifies the movement speed which, if reached, must trigger the alarm (eg. 90 km/h).
From the menu Safety of TIMTag you can also set the control interval, that is the time interval within which TIMTag SLIM must automatically communicate its position via GPS. A high control frequency negatively impacts the tracker's battery.
If you want to view the history of all the alerts generated by the TIMTag app, press the icon (I) located at the bottom right and select the icon Notifications from the menu that appears. If, on the other hand, you want to change the type of alert to be received, go back to the home screen of the TIMTag app and instead of selecting the name of your TIMTag SLIM, "tap" on the icon of thegear located at the bottom left. In the menu that opens, go to Notifications and put the check mark next to the type of alerts you want to receive: Voice notifications, Music notifications o No sound alerts.
How to share TIMTag SLIM with other users
If you want, you can share your TIMTag SLIM with other people (e.g. family members) and allow them to take advantage of various features of the device. To add a new user to your TIMTag SLIM, open the TIMTag app, log in, select the tracker name and press the Dell icongear located at the bottom left.
Successively, I went his users, premium pulsating capacitor positive (+) lead located at the top right and type the telephone number of the person you want to add to your TIMTag SLIM or select a name of the address book. Pulia quindi sul pulsating Invia invite And that's it.
After sending the invitation, you can manage the permissions of the user added to the TIMTag app by going to the menu users, selecting the telephone number of the latter and activating or deactivating the functions that appear below: Locate (location services), Settings (alarms and other settings) and so on. To delete the user presses the icon Delete.
How to add new TIMTags SLIM to the TIMTag app
As already mentioned at the beginning of the post, with the TIMTag app you can manage more than one TIMTag SLIM at the same time. If you have purchased a second TIMTag SLIM and want to add it to the app, go back to the home screen of the latter and instead of selecting the name of your TIMTag SLIM, "tap" on the item Actions placed at the bottom.
In the menu that opens, select the icon New and enter the serial number of the new TIMTag SLIM (or scan it with the smartphone camera as explained above).
How to turn off TIMTag SLIM
When not in use, the TIMTag SLIM can be switched off simply by holding down the button Power for about two seconds. The device will show a Red LED and then, after a few moments, it will go out.
As an alternative to pressing the Power button, it is possible to turn off TIMTag SLIM remotely by opening the TIMTag app, selecting the device name and first pressing on the item Actions located at the bottom center and then on the icon Switch off present in the menu that appears.
With this I would say that's all. If you have any other doubts or want even more detailed information on the functioning of TIMTag SLIM, connect to the TIM website where you can find all the information you need.
Article written in collaboration with TIM.TIMTag SLIM: what it is and how it works