Given the large number of extensions, we see here a summary with The best, the ones that everyone should use on Google Chrome, to improve navigation on major websites. For almost every extension on this list you can open an in-depth link to find other alternative extensions to the one suggested in order to cover almost every sector and category.
1) Productivity and usefulness to surf the web more comfortablyFor a more complete list see the best extensions to improve productivity in Google Chrome.
- Instapaper - Mercury Reader - Pocket
Anyone who reads many articles on the internet can download one of these three very similar extensions that allow you to mark articles so that you can read them later or later. They are not extensions to share web pages on social networks but to use for yourself, to keep your favorite blog posts and articles from online newspapers. These services also have applications for Android and iPhone smartphones so that those saved web pages are synced across all devices.
- Any.Do o Microsoft ToDo are the extensions to mark things to do, always in a synchronized way without ever forgetting what to do during the day.
- StayFocusd is an extension to limit the amount of time you can spend on a website during a day. Basically, to prevent ourselves from losing entire days on Facebook or some online game.
- Lazarus is a lifesaver for those who fill out a lot of online forms or write in Chrome text boxes. Lazzaro saves what is written on the Forms so that, if Chrome crashes, it can be recovered.
Lazarus was also talked about in the article on how to automatically fill in text boxes and save forms
- Chrome Notepad is a notepad that opens in a box and allows you to always keep notes that are synchronized between all the computers where you use Chrome.
- Feedly Counter extension to see the number of unread articles on Feedly on the Chrome bar.
- Google Bookmarks for better management of Chrome bookmarks
- Google Translate on Chrome, to translate websites
- Intelligent Search to enhance internet searches.
- Discoverly to find out everything about people in Gmail, Facebook and other social contacts.
- docusign to sign documents online.
- Reader View adds the reading mode of websites to Chrome, to see articles written as if they were in a magazine or a book and with the possibility of changing the formatting of the text, deactivating images, activating full-screen display and also with speech synthesis.
2) SecurityAmong the best security extensions for Chrome we can mention:
- BitWarden to have an easy, free, secure password manager that works on other browsers as well as on mobile phones.
- HTTPS Everywhere to make sure you always browse sites with HTTPS (encrypted) and avoid ending up in fake web pages.
- Disconnect to prevent cookies from tracking the user's browsing and thus block advertisers from memorizing browsing habits.
- TunnelBear VPN is one of the extensions to get a VPN on Chrome, for free.
3) Change Chrome functionality and performance
- Auto Tab Discard is one of the extensions to suspend inactive tabs on Chrome to save memory.
In practice, when many tabs are opened, those that are not activated for a certain period of time are suspended and removed from the memory and then reload when clicked.
- Incredible Start Page instead it is one of the extensions to improve or change the Chrome home tab
- Hola Unlocker to speed up internet and streaming it is also a useful extension to navigate on locally blocked and blacked-out sites, in a simple way, without tricks and for free.
- Fresh Start, one of the extensions to save open tabs and be able to reopen them with a click when you want.
- Better History is the best extension to improve browser history display.
4) FacebookAmong the Google Chrome extensions to improve Facebok it is worth mentioning Social Fixer.
Social Fixer is the extension to customize Facebook in all respects and make it a different site, to our liking.
5) YoutubeAmong the numerous extensions to watch Youtube videos with Chrome we mention:
- YouTube Options serves to solve all the major annoyances of YouTube: hide comments, disable autoplay, make advertising disappear and so on.
- DF YouTube to eliminate unnecessary elements from the Youtube site and watch videos without distractions.
- ImprovedTube greatly improves YouTube with several options to change the graphics of the site.
6) TwitterAmong the best Chrome extensions for Twitter, the Notifier is very useful to receive notifications on the Chrome bar when new updates appear
7) GmailIn another article, the best extensions for Gmail for Chrome are indicated, among which we mention the main ones.
- Gmail Offline to read Gmail even if your computer is not connected to the internet.
- Minimalist for Everything allows you to make Gmail easier by removing unnecessary or unnecessary menu bars, obviously at your choice.
- Checker Plus to be notified on the Chrome extension bar when new emails arrive.
- Secure GMail, extension to add encryption to Gmail emails
- Sortd Smart Skin for Gmail to change graphics to Gmail and make it more productive.
- Dropbox per Gmail to share Dropbox files in Gmail
Other extensionsThe Apps and extensions for Google Drive, listed in another article.
Finally, Chrome cannot miss thebestresourcesnow extension to stay up to date with the latest articles from this blog
Best Chrome Extensions 2021 for all uses