Let's find out how to perform a hard reset (forced restart) on iPhone X and iPhone XS, a very useful (and sometimes indispensable) operation in case of slowdowns, freezes or software problems of the device.
Su iPhone X, XS e XS Max here is the procedure to follow to perform a hard reset:
- Press and quickly release the Volume Up key
- Press and quickly release the Volume Down key
- Press and hold the Side button (right button) until the Apple logo appears
- Release the Side button
This is the procedure for activating the DFU mode on iPhone XS and iPhone XS Max:
- Connect the iPhone to iTunes
- Press and release the Volume Up key
- Press and release the Volume Down key
- Press the Side button (right button) until the screen goes black and release it
- Press and hold the Slide and Volume Down buttons simultaneously for 5 seconds
- Release the Side button and continue holding the Volume Down button until iTunes detects the iPhone in DFU mode.
If you want to exit DFU mode directly from iPhone:
- Press the Volume Up key
- Press the Volume Down button
- Press and hold the Side button for at least 10 seconds, until you see the Apple logo during the restart
The mode DFU (Device Firmware Update) is a special device mode iPhone, iPad and iPod Touch, which prepare to receive commands from iTunes to be able to restore / update the firmware in case of serious problems and malfunctions.
This, on the other hand, is the procedure for activate Recovery Mode, useful for restoring the iPhone to the current iOS version:
- Connect the iPhone to the computer and open iTunes
- Quickly press and release the Volume Up key and then immediately press the Volume Down key
- Now hold the Side button until the "Connect to iTunes" screen appears on the screen. You are now in recovery mode.
For more information, please read the official page on the Apple website.