Ways and programs to reset the Windows password, even that of the administrator, to access the PC anywayNot only if you forget your password, but also if you want to access a Windows PC without knowing it, let's see here an easy way to enter any PC, your own or another. All of the methods described here are easy, do not require the use of external programs, and can be performed by anyone without requiring special technical skills. Furthermore, there will be no risk of losing any data or files.
- Disco reset password
- Password reset Windows 10 and 11 if you can log in
- Reset the Microsoft account password used to log in
- Change password in Windows 10/11 when starting the PC
- Programs to reset Windows 10 and Windows 11 passwords
ALSO READ: Unlock your computer if you forget your Windows password
Password Reset Disk CreationIf you set a password that is difficult to remember or in any case you do not want to risk losing it, in Windows 7, Windows 8, Windows 10 and Windows 11 it is possible to create a disk (CD or USB stick) to reset the password so that it can be reset and restored. easily.
The way to do this is to open the Control Panel to the User Accounts section where you will find on the left side, if you are using a local account, the option to create a "Password reset disk". This utility allows you to create a USB stick that can reset the Windows login password in case the password is forgotten. Of course, the password reset disk tool must be used before forgetting the password.
Windows 10 and 11 password reset after signing in with PINIf you always use your PIN or other unlocking method to log into Windows 10 / Windows 11 and have therefore forgotten your master password, you can reset it this way to reset it.
- Press the Windows and X keys at the same time and click on Command Prompt (administrator) or, if it does not appear, search for cmd from the Start menu and open the command prompt as administrator.
- Then type the following command replacing account_name with the account name used and inserting a new password:
net user account_name new_password
- Press Enter
Windows 10 and 11 password reset if using a Microsoft accountIf so you use a Microsoft account on Windows 11 and Windows 10 instead you can always ask to reset your Microsoft account password by going to the web page https://account.live.com/ResetPassword.aspx. In this case, you will need to enter the email address used for the Microsoft account or the phone number registered in the account.
Reset Windows 10 and Windows 11 password if you cannot log inIf you forget your password and get stuck at the Windows 10 login prompt, it is still possible to reset this password and log into the account used. The Windows password reset trick works well, it's easy, safe, and without any side effects.
- When you get to the Windows 10 login screen, hold down the Shift key, press the power button and then click Restart.
- The computer will start in the Recovery screen: here you have to press the Troubleshoot button, then on Advanced Options and Finally on "System Image Recovery".
- Click on "Select a system image" and go Next.
- On the next page, click on the "Advanced" button.
- Use the "Install a driver" option and press OK.
- When the file browser window opens, go to drive C (the drive where Windows is installed) and navigate to the C: WindowsSystem32 folder.
- Search for the file "Usefully"and rename it something else, for example Utilman1.
- Next, look for "cmd" in the same folder and give this file its name Usefully .
- Now you can close the window and restart your computer without obviously doing any image restore.
Now, when the login screen appears with the login to access the computer, you can press the Accessibility icon in the lower right corner.
Following the modification made on the Utilman file, instead of the screen with the accessibility options, the command prompt will open. Here it will be sufficient to write and execute the following command:
A new window will then open with the "Reset password"to modify the existing one and put a new one.
By restarting your PC, you can then log in with the new registered password.
Alternatively you can also use the command
net user "Username" New-password
To directly set the new login password for that specified username. Finally, remember to rename the Utilman file to cmd and the Utilman1 file to Utilman.
This method can work on any computer, even one that is not really, but you have to be careful in this case, because if you change your password the owner of the PC will immediately discover that someone has performed this operation and will not be able to log in as well. In the screen that resets the password you can still disable the option that "to access this computer you must enter your name and password", to bypass the password request.
A variation of this trick, which requires the Windows 10 or Windows 11 installation CD, may work for log in without password with a new administrator account, without then touching the computer user account password.
Reset Windows 10 and Windows 11 password using external programsIf, on the other hand, you want to bypass the password request on a PC and want to reset the Windows password, there are several tools to reset the password to access the Windows computer.
- OphCrack is a live CD with which to boot the computer you actually need to become a Windows administrator on any PC before booting stored for a user or administrator.
- programs to access Windows without a password
- Lazesoft Recover My Password is a free application for reset the password of any Windows operating system, including Windows 10, Windows 11, 8, 7. Using this program, using another computer, you can prepare the CD or USB pen with which to access the PC without a password. After starting from CD or USB, the program does everything automatically and allows you to reset the password of each user of your choice registered on Windows, including the Administrator.
- Other alternative tool to reset Windows 7 and 8.1 password è Offline NT Password & Registry Editor which I haven't tested but should work fine.