The first rule for have likes on Facebook is to offer interesting content to the public; content that can be presented in different formats.
Below you will find a list of "formats" which, according to a recent research carried out by Moz.com, are able to attract the attention of the social public (and therefore generate likes and shares).
- List - articles listing interesting facts and curiosities (eg "10 hidden Facebook functions"). A possible variant of these posts are photo galleries, in which each photo corresponds to a fact or curiosity listed in the article.
- ”Why” post - articles in which doubts related to various topics are resolved (eg "why your smartphone battery drains so quickly").
- how to - articles explaining how to do something (eg "how to use WhatsApp on your PC").
- Quizzes and polls - we all love taking part in quizzes and surveys, as long as they are curious or stimulating.
- Video - videos always stock up on shares and likes, especially if they are short or funny.
- Infographics - as you surely know, these are graphs that clearly and simply illustrate large / complex concepts (eg the story of a person, the structure of a company, etc.).
- Content related to current events - if pertinent to one's own “editorial line”, it is good to deal with issues related to current events (actuality of one's field of interest, of course).
Obviously the focus of everything remains the contents: if the contents are not interesting, changing the format of the articles is useless. It is also good not to "force" the content of a post just to use one of the formats listed above.
Involvement of the public
To increase the popularity of a page you need to create a "community" around it, and to create a community you need to continuously stimulate the public by involving them in various activities. Let's take some practical examples.
- Ask questions - by asking questions to your audience (possibly related to the topics previously discussed on the page) you will develop discussions that will allow users to interact with each other creating, in fact, a community ready to discuss on various topics.
- Contest - like and share this post to participate in the draw for a t-shirt, a discount coupon or to get a gadget as a gift. How many times have you read such posts on Facebook? This is because contests (ie contests) help to rapidly increase the popularity of a page and allow you to get many "free" likes.
- Post at the "right" times - to allow the public to interact with your page you must post your content at times when users' attention is maximum. There are no time slots in which the attention of the public is 100% guaranteed, generally the "peak" of traffic occurs between 13:00 and 15:00 but to get good results you have to carry out various tests and discover the time when your target audience is most active.
It is almost useless to underline that questions and contests must be "measured" carefully. By asking too many questions you risk annoying the public rather than involving them, while contests are always a double-edged sword. Unless you manage the page of a shop or a product, in which contests can also be very frequent as you give your product as a gift, try to use this expedient very sporadically.
Smart page promotion
have likes on Facebook it is necessary to propose interesting contents and develop an active community, but it is also necessary to advertise the page "externally". How? Let's find out right away.
- Page Plugin - if you have a site or a blog, don't think twice and insert a like box, or rather, a page plugin (evolution of the old like box) in its sidebar. In this way, visitors will immediately know that you are also on Facebook and can easily “like” the page.
- Guest posts and collaborations - opening up to others and creating collaborations is always a good idea: it makes your content richer and helps you reach new audiences more easily. Look for pages (or sites) that deal with themes similar to yours, try to establish a collaboration with them (eg by creating a series of shared contents) and the results will not be long in coming.
- Take advantage of groups - Facebook groups can be a great way to promote your content. However, this does not mean visiting groups at random and compulsively "spamming" your page ... you would get the opposite result to the desired one. The thing you can do is to identify well the target audience of your page (age group and interests), look for groups related to the latter and actively participate in them so that participants are naturally stimulated to visit your page.
Buy visibility and (not) buy likes
It may seem counterintuitive but the more the number of subscribers to a page grows, the fewer people are reached by its content. Paradoxically, posts on a page with 5.000 likes have more visibility than one with 10.000 likes. This happens because Facebook pushes users - and companies - to buy payment services to increase the visibility of your posts.
In general, to reach a potential audience of 80.000 people you pay 70 euros (but the figures can vary based on various factors) and this leads many people to accept a drop in the visibility of their page. But this concerns those who have already achieved some success ... you, on the other hand, may be enticed by the services for thepurchase of likes and followers.
Just do a Google search to find dozens of services that allow you to buy followers and likes, but my advice is not to use them. First of all, many of these services are not reliable, and then, as we have just seen together, if you dramatically increase the number of likes on your page without having created a community around it, you only risk losing visibility in the Facebook newsfeed. .
Study the subject and keep informed continuously
In conclusion I want to give you a brief advice; short but probably more important than the others: get informed, study, never stop being interested in your business. There are many sites, blogs, forums and books that talk about social media: consult them, actively participate in their activities and compare yourself with other people who deal with the subject. The results, primarily of professional growth but also in terms of likes on your pages, will not be long in coming.How to get likes on Facebook