Who should change email is certainly those who still use the one created when we were teenagers (with strange and unlikely names!), Those who use the university email, those who use the company email to communicate with friends or for social media and even those who use services emails from national Internet providers, which in our view are still inferior to international services such as Outlook and Gmail.
So let's see how to change email, address or mail account in a few simple steps, within everyone's reach (even novice users).
Once the page for creating a new account is opened, we choose the new e-mail address using clear and legible names (our name and surname is also fine with the addition of the date of birth or other personal details), we choose the name of domain (in Outlook we can choose between Outlook.it, Outlook.com and Hotmail.com), we choose the new access password and confirm the data on our identity, so as to make our new email personalized.
In this regard, we invite you to read our guide on how Create an Email Address: Best Free Email Services for more details.
- If we use Gmail as a new account, open the main page of our new mailbox, click on the gear icon at the top right, click on Settings, go to the tab Account and import then we click Import messages and contacts; we enter the access data of our old email and wait for the import of all messages and old saved contacts.
- If we use Outlook as a new account, open the page of our new mailbox, press the gear icon at the top right, scroll down the sidebar until you find the item View all Outlook settings, click on Mail -> Synchronize email then click on Other email accounts. We enter the login credentials and, once the mail is synchronized, we post your emails in the folders offered by Outlook.
- On the old Gmail we open the main page of our new mailbox, click on the gear icon at the top right, click on Settings, let's go to the tab Forwarding and POP / IMAP then we press on Add forwarding address; enter the new address (Gmail or Outlook) and confirm, so as to immediately forward each new email to the new mailbox.
- On the old Outlook we open the page of our new mailbox, press the gear icon at the top right, scroll the sidebar until you find the item View all Outlook settings, click on Mail -> Forwarding, enter the code for two-factor authentication, apply the check mark to the item Enable forwarding and fill in the Forward email to field with the new email address.
To set the old email address for sending new messages, we recommend that you follow the steps below:
- Your Gmail, let's go back to the gear-shaped menu at the top right, press again on Settings, let's go to the tab Account and import, we press on Add another email address in the Send message as field and enter the credentials of the old mail account (with SMTP support). From now on we can choose with which e-mail address to send new messages, both in the writing phase and from the menu seen above.
- Su Outlook, just repeat the steps already seen to import the old emails: open the page of our new mailbox, press the gear icon at the top right, scroll down the sidebar until you find the item View all Outlook settings, click on Mail -> Synchronize email then click on Other email accounts.
If we wish to carry out also the transfer of the address book we advise you to read our guide on how import Email addresses and contacts into Gmail, Yahoo Mail and Outlook.
In another guide, we showed you how Set up Gmail in Microsoft Outlook, Thunderbird and Windows 10 Mail, so you can use Gmail accounts on any computer in use.