Obviously the components will be assembled and assembled at home, so you will need a minimum of experience and dexterity, as well as the right tools. At the end of the guide we will be able to choose the newest components for our new laptop, which will allow us to obtain a modern machine and you can, spending in many cases less than a pre-assembled high-end PC.
Choice of components and assembly kits
For this article we relied on the Amazon city online store, which proves to be the most convenient and most reliable site to use, with free shipping costs and great ease of return (in case of problems or malfunctions). For each piece there are two or more alternatives whenever possible.
Obviously, prices may vary from what is currently detected, given that new components come out every 6 months, keeping up with the times can be very expensive: our goal is build a desktop PC that can handle all kinds of workloads for the next 3-4 years.
If we want to deepen the discussion on the individual components, we recommend that you read our guide on How to choose the parts of the new computer to assemble.
Before purchasing the components, it is advisable to equip ourselves with all the very useful tools during assembly, so that we can facilitate the task later; below we have collected a series of tools to buy together with the PC components:
- 58 in 1 Repair Screwdriver Kit (13 €)
- Cable ties - Cable clamp - 100pcs (5 €)
- Linkax High Power LED Flashlight Flashlight LED Flashlights (€ 7)
- pack of 3 SATA III cables (8 €)
- ARCTIC MX-4 Thermally Conductive Paste CPU (10 €)
- Filtered socket (18 €)
- Inateck 2 x 2.5-inch to 3.5-inch SSD frame mounting kit (8 €)
The components for a perfect PC on AmazonBelow we will find the best components for quality / price ratio that we can buy directly from Amazon.
ProcessorsProcessors can be made by Intel or AMD - both manufacturers are reliable, but Intel processors usually tend to be preferred when we need more power, while AMDs tend to be slightly cheaper and well balanced (as well as powerful, especially in the Ryzer versions).
The best Intel processors we can buy are:
- Intel Core i5-11400F (220€)
- Intel Core i5-11600K (254€)
- Intel Core i7-11700K processor (€ 400)
If instead we wanted a latest generation AMD Ryzer processor, we can choose one of the following:
- AMD Ryzen 5 2600X (150€)
- AMD Ryzen 5 3600XT (143€)
- AMD Ryzen 7 3700XT (320€)
To learn more about the differences between the two CPU manufacturers, we recommend that you read our guide to differences between Intel and AMD processors and Intel Core i7 and i5 CPUs.
MotherboardThe motherboard is a very important component in the computer, as it distributes the power and provides connection to all the other components, acting as a sort of "conductor" in the PC. Obviously there are motherboards for Intel and motherboards for AMD: we choose the right card based on the processor, otherwise we risk incompatibility (a motherboard for Intel processors is not compatible with AMD processors and vice versa).
The best motherboards for Intel processors reported above are:
- Asus Prime LGA 1200 (139€)
- MSI B365M PRO-VH LGA 1151 (149€)
- Gigabyte Z390 UD LGA1151 (202 €)
If instead we are looking for the motherboards for AMD processors reported a little while ago, below we find the best on offer:
- MSI B450 GAMING PLUS MAX (90€)
- Gigabyte X470 Aorus Ultra AM4 (144 €)
- Asus PRIME X570-PRO (260€)
We don't know how a motherboard works? We can learn more about the subject by reading our in-depth analysis on How the motherboard works.
Power packThe power supply is a very important component in the computer, as it supplies electrical power to all the components. Choosing one that is not very powerful and efficient can cause sudden shutdowns, especially when we perform the heaviest operations (games, video editing, etc.).
The best power supplies that we can install on our PC are:
- Sharkoon SilentStorm Cool Zero 650 W (90€)
- CThermaltake Smart RGB 700 W power supply (60 €)
- Corsair PC Power Supply, Semi Modular (89 €)
To learn more about the topic, we recommend reading our guide on Which power supply to choose for the PC and how many Watts are required.
RAMRAM allows you to save information temporarily, as long as there is electricity. When we start the PC the operating system and the programs are loaded into it, so that we can use them at the moment.
Currently the widespread type of RAM is DDR4, so we will have to install memory banks of this type in order to create a modern PC. The best RAM modules we can buy are:
- HyperX FURY DDR4 16 GB (Kit 2x4 GB, 53€)
- Corsair Vengeance LPX 16 GB (2 X 8 GB), DDR4 (71€)
- Crucial Ballistix BL2K8G36C16U4W 3600 MHz DDR4 (80€)
To get to know all the secrets of RAM memories up close, we advise you to read our article on Computer RAM types: DDR, shape and speed.
SSDAs an internal storage unit we will use an SSD, which has in fact supplanted the old mechanical hard drives (now too slow for daily use). The best SSD with SATA cable are available below:
- SanDisk SSD Ultra 3D da 500GB (71€)
- Samsung Internal SSD 870 EVO, 500 GB (60 €)
- Samsung Internal SSD 870 QVO, 1 TB (100 €)
If, on the other hand, we wanted to take advantage of the new ones SSD M.2, which can be connected via a special slot on the PC, below we can see the best products:
- WD Blue 3D SSD M.2, 250 GB (49€)
- Samsung Unità SSD 970 EVO PLUS M.2, 500 GB (111€)
- Sabrent SSD Internal M.2, 1 TB (122 €)
If we don't know which SSD to choose between the two available formats, we can clear our minds by reading our guide on Which type of SSD is better: SATA or PCIe?
HomesThe case is always a matter of personal taste: there are those who prefer it classic, others thinner and those who prefer it "sborone". There are thousands of houses available on Amazon, we have included the most beautiful ones in the list below:
- Corsair 275R Airflow Tempered Glass (78 €)
- Thermaltake Versa Micro e mini ATX (35€)
- Noua Noob X7 Bianco (39€)
- Empire Gaming - Case PC Gaming WarFare (52€)
Other cases can be viewed here -> PC case on Amazon.
Graphic cardObviously, the dedicated graphics card could not be missing, very useful for games and for programs that require advanced 3D acceleration. The best video cards we can buy currently are:
- Radeon RX 5500 XT graphics card (188 €)
- ASUS Cerberus GeForce GTX 1050 Ti (350 €)
- ASUS Phoenix GeForce GT 1030 (120€)
- Sapphire PULSE Radeon RX 6700 XT 12GB (1000€)
If we want to deepen this thorny topic (where understanding the difference between one card and the other could become quite a feat), we recommend that you read our guide to Best video cards for PC.
Other accessories and peripheralsTo complete our powerful desktop PC, the following components must not be missing:
- LG Monitor per PC Desktop 24" Full HD (1920 x 1080) (84€)
- Logitech Webcam HD (70€)
- Trust Tastiera Desktop e mouse (17€)
- Adattatore Antenna WiFi USB Dual Band 1200Mbps (17€)
- UGREEN USB 3.0 SD Card Reader TF CF MS, Card Reader (13 €)
ConclusionsIn this guide we have included everything you need to create a large PC to be assembled, able to perform all the tasks that require a great deal of computing power (currently one of the few purposes for which it is still convenient to keep a fixed PC at home, since the rest can be replaced by notebooks, tablets and smartphones).
If we don't know how to physically assemble the various pieces, we can learn the rudiments of assembly in our guide on How to assemble a PC and assemble computer parts.
If, on the other hand, we are looking for a fixed PC to assemble with different types of budgets, we recommend that you read our guides on How to make yourself a good 300 Euro desktop PC, how to assemble a Mid-level PC from 600 Euros and finally Which is the most powerful PC with the best hardware ever.
Building a perfect PC to buy on Amazon