You have only recently approached the world of TV series but some of them have already taken you a lot, to the point that now you are looking for some apps that allow you to watch them, possibly for free, even when you are not at home and only have a smartphone or tablet at your disposal. Well, know that you've come to the right place at the right time!
With today's guide, in fact, I will propose you a series of app to watch TV series for free thanks to which you can watch the episodes of your favorite TV series in complete freedom, without subscribing and, in some cases, even offline (therefore without an active Internet connection). Clearly, free services have their limits and do not offer rich catalogs like those of paid services, but I have good news to give you, indeed two: the paid services that offer the most acclaimed titles of the moment have very low monthly fees. (under 10 euros) and almost always offer a free trial with no obligation to renew.
We solve your problem!
Did I intrigue you? Are you dying to learn about these apps and watch your favorite series on the go? So let's not waste any more time chatting and let's get straight to the point! Make yourself comfortable, take five minutes of free time and read the next paragraphs carefully to find the solution that best suits your needs. In no time, you can enjoy all the TV series you want directly on your smartphone and tablet. Happy reading and, above all, good viewing!
- App to watch streaming TV series
- Multimedia players
- App for watching paid TV series
App to watch streaming TV series
Among the first app to watch TV series for free to be taken into consideration there are certainly those that allow you to see the episodes in streaming, using the Internet connection. There are valid services that offer catalogs with famous international television series, but also Italian soap operas and fiction: here are some of the most interesting.
VVVVID (Android / iOS)
One of the best streaming services to watch TV series for free is VVVVID, which in its catalog features titles such as “Psycoville”, “Casual”, “Little Britain”, “The office” and many others. It is available for Android and iOS devices and can be used from the web via a browser.
You are now ready to start watching TV series on VVVVID! Therefore, he presses on his voice Anime (top left) to open the list of available content and go to TV Series to access the section dedicated to the television series. Now, tap on the item Recommended (below) to choose the title to be played from titles of the moment, new releases or popular titles, or tap on the option Genres to filter series by genre (Adventure, Action, Comic, Comedy etc). Alternatively, you can access the list of TV series in alphabetical order by pressing the button AZ, or press the button Random to see a title in random mode.
Once you have chosen the television series to watch, click on its cover image and tap the button Guarda to start playback from the first episode of the first season (or choose the one of your interest from the list Episodes).
RaiPlay is the official Rai portal, available via browser and in the form of an application for Android, iOS and Windows 10 Mobile devices. It allows you to access the live programming of the State TV channels, to see the programming of the last 7 days, to consult the TV guide and view numerous on-demand contents. Among these, there are also television series where mainly Italian series and fiction stand out such as, for example, "Braccialetti Rossi", "Try it again Prof" and "The paradise of the ladies", but international titles such as "Criminal Minds ”,“ Game of Thrones ”or“ The X Files ”.
To start watching your favorite TV series on RaiPlay, you must first create a free account. Then start the app, tap the button ≡, presses on the voice Login / Register that appears on the left and choose whether to connect RaiPlay to your social accounts (by pressing the buttons Accedi con Facebook o Log in with Twitter) or whether to register via email. Then proceed with entering your data in the fields Your name, Last name, Email, Password, Gender, Birthday, pig sul sul bottone Subscribe and tap on the activation link, contained in the message received to your email address, to activate the account created.
Now, on the RaiPlay main screen, scroll down to the section TV Series: if you see a title you like, tap on its cover image to access the description and the list of episodes, otherwise press the item Go everyone to view the complete list of TV series available on the service. Alternatively, you can also click on the icon magnifying glass and type the title of a series to search for. Once you have identified the TV series to watch, press on its cover image, select the season and the episode to watch and enjoy the vision.
If you prefer Rai fiction to international series, press the button ≡ e fai tap sull'opzione Fiction that appears from the side. Therefore, he presses on his voice All to access the complete list of fictions arranged in alphabetical order or filter them by genre by tapping on one of the available genres (Comedy, Dramatic, Sentimental etc). Therefore, identify the title of your interest and start playing it by pressing first on its cover image and then on the title of the episode you want to watch.
In case the fiction or TV series you want to see has been on the air in the last 7 days, you can press the button ≡ RaiPlay app and press on the voice TV Guide / Replay to access the list of programs broadcast over the last 7 days. Then choose the channels and date in which the episode of your interest was broadcast and tap on its title to start playing it.
App to watch streaming TV channels
A valid solution for watch TV series for free consists in relying on the official apps of television broadcasters. Here is a list of such solutions that might be right for you.
- Mediaset Infinity (Android / iOS / iPadOS): the official Mediaset portal. Its catalog includes films, TV series, but also Italian fiction, soap operas and soap operas. It also allows you to watch the free channels of the Mediaset group in live streaming, after creating a free account. Also includes the catalog of Infinity+, streaming platform that can be activated separately for a fee with prices starting at € 7,99 / month. If you want to know more, consult my tutorial on how to review Mediaset fiction or the one on how Infinity + works.
- Paramount Channel (Android / iOS): the Paramount Pictures Corporation television channel offers interesting TV series in its programming. Among the best known titles there are certainly "ER Medici on the front line", "All in the family" or "Sex and the city" which, in addition to being visible through the digital terrestrial channel 27 and on the satellite, are available on the Web both via browser and via the free Paramount Channel app. It should be emphasized that only some TV series are accessible in on-demand mode, others can only be watched in live streaming.
- LA7 (browser): the channel present at number 7 of digital terrestrial and on satellite is also visible on the Web. The LA7 application is not available but it is still visible through the browser: to watch the TV series, available only live with titles of the caliber of “Grey's Anatomy” and “Private Practice”, just connect to the Live section on the day and time of the broadcast.
- SuperGuidaTV (Android / iOS): a solution to have, in a single app, the programming of the last seven days of numerous television channels. It allows you to access live broadcasts and on-demand content from all major national broadcasters, dividing them into Movies, News, Entertainment, TV Series, Show, Sit Com etc.
Have you read my guide on how to download TV series or have you recorded the episodes of your favorite telenovelas and now you would like to watch them via your smartphone or tablet? No problem! You can consider one of the multimedia lettori listed below and enjoy them on your devices.
One of the best media players out there for mobile devices is VLC, available for free for Android, iOS and Windows 10 Mobile devices. It allows you to play videos and music, supporting numerous formats, and allows the synchronization of files with services such as Dropbox, Google Drive, OneDrive, Box and iCloud Drive.
To start watching video content via VLC, you must first import the files into the application. If you have a device Android o Windows Mobile, you can copy the video contents to the memory of your device using the Windows File Explorer: after connecting your phone or tablet to your computer, use theFile Explorer Windows to transfer the files of your interest to the device and these will be "seen" automatically by VLC. To learn more, you can read my tutorial on how to transfer Android files. If you have a iPhone or iPadInstead, you can transfer videos via the file sharing function in iTunes: I told you about it in more detail in my tutorials on how to explore the iPhone and how to save files on iPad.
Alternatively, regardless of the type of smartphone or tablet in your possession, you can take advantage of the Wi-Fi data sharing function provided by VLC. Then launch the player app and make sure you are connected to the same wireless network your PC is connected to. Then click on the icon traffic cone located at the top left and tap on the item Sharing via Wi-Fi.
Now type in the address bar of your computer's browser the address displayed on VLC (for example http://iPhone-di-nome.local) and start transferring your videos by dragging them into the browser window or adding them by pressing the button +. Within a few seconds the videos will be transferred to the memory of your device.
If, on the other hand, the videos you intend to play on smartphones and tablets are stored on a cloud storage service, tap on the traffic cone icon and press the option Cloud services. Then choose the service of your interest from dropbox, Google Drive, Box e OneDrive and enter your access data. At this point, you can play the streaming content by pressing on its title or download it by tapping on the icon freccia rivolta verse il basso and play it later in offline mode. You can learn more about the use of VLC Media Player by reading my guide about it.
Infuse 5 (iOS)
Another media player to consider is Infuse 5, available for iPhone / iPad only. It supports 14 formats and allows you to download subtitles from OpenSubtitles.org.
To transfer your video files to the Infuse 5, you can choose one of the many procedures available. In addition to the classic synchronization via iTunes, by connecting your mobile device to your computer, you can transfer files using the sharing function via Wi-Fi. How to use? I'll explain it to you right away.
Launch the app, press the button Add files and tap on the item via Browser, then type in the address bar of your computer's browser the address proposed by the reader (for example http://iPhone-di-nome.local). In the authentication window, enter Username e Password displayed on Infuse and start transferring your videos by tapping the button +.
Alternatively, you can choose a solution via FTP by tapping the button Add files, choosing the voice via FTP and following the instructions displayed on the screen. Also, you can take advantage of the option via direct URL to play or download a video on the web, by entering its address in the field New URL.
The Infuse 5 Pro version is also available which, at a cost of € 7 / year or € 12,99 one-off, offers a greater number of supported video formats and offers other features such as, for example, the ability to link service accounts. cloud for streaming playback.
App for watching paid TV series
I conclude this guide dedicated to apps to watch TV series for free with a list of paid services. It may seem counterintuitive to you, but you should know that all the services I'm about to mention offer a free trial. Furthermore, some of them can be included in telephone plans, so they are visible for free without traffic consumption (or in any case with dedicated offers). If you are curious and want to know more, here are the apps for watch paid TV series with free trial that you can take into consideration.
- Netflix (Android / iOS / Windows): it is among the best video on-demand services in the world and its strong point is the TV series. It offers exclusive original titles such as the acclaimed "Thirteen" or "Stranger Things" and popular series such as "Breaking Bad". It offers various subscription plans: Basic (€ 7,99 / month), Standard (€ 11,99 / month) and Premium (€ 15,99 / month) which differ in video quality and simultaneous access to multiple devices. Depending on the promotional periods, a free initial trial may be available. You can find out more about it by reading my guide on how Netflix works and how to watch Netflix for free.
- NOW TV (Android / iOS / Windows): it is Sky's online service which, at a cost of 9,99 euros / month, allows you to subscribe to the TV Series and Entertainment package and thus access a rich catalog that boasts titles such as "The Walking Dead "And" Gomorra ". It has no contractual obligations and it is possible to deactivate the subscription at any time. Initially, you can activate a 14-day free trial. To learn more about how it works, you can read my guide on how NOW TV works.
- TIMvision (Android / iOS / Windows): TIM's VOD service offers a 4-week free trial, after which it costs 4,99 euros / month without contractual restrictions. TIM Smart customers, on the other hand, have the service included for free in the telephone plan. You can read my tutorial on how TIMvision works to learn more about the topic.
- Amazon Prime Video (Android / iOS): is the video on demand service launched by Amazon and which is included in the subscription of all Amazon Prime users. At a cost of 36 euros / year or 4,99 euros / month it is possible not only to take advantage of shipments in one working day on products purchased on the online shopping site and take advantage of numerous other features, but also to access a rich catalog of films and TV series with titles such as "Fear the Walking Dead", "Mozart in the Jungle" and "The man in the high castle". If you are a new Amazon customer you can activate the Amazon Prime 30-day free trial and, therefore, have access to Amazon Prime Video. For more information about it, you can read my guide on how Amazon Prime Video Italy works.
- Apple TV + (iOS) - is Apple's streaming service, available in the default TV app of iOS, iPadOS and macOS. It hosts numerous original series and costs 4,99 euros / month. It offers 7 days of free trial, which becomes 1 year for those who purchased a new Apple product in the months before the launch of the platform (November 2019). It is also accessible from PC, via browser or TV application for macOS, from Apple TV, Smart TV and Amazon Fire TV Stick.
- Disney+ - this is Disney's streaming service. It offers the vision of many TV series suitable for all the family, including those of the Disney Channel and also those dedicated to Star Wars and Marvel characters, with also exclusive original productions, without forgetting the FOX series. It also includes Star, a section aimed at a more general audience, in which there are numerous films and TV series in the catalog, including some exclusive content called Star Original. It also includes Disney and Pixar classics, Marvel films and National Geographic documentaries. It is accessible from all devices (PC, smartphone, tablet, Smart TV, Chromecast, Fire TV Stick, Apple TV and video game console) and the price is 8,99 euros per month or 89,90 euros per year. Those who are already registered, however, will continue to pay 6,99 euros / month or 69,99 euros / year, until the first renewal after 22 August 2021. More info here.