You would like to understand which are the best free PDF merging app currently present on the square? Then keep reading. Below are some of the best for both Android that for iOS / iPadOS.
The first app to merge PDF which I advise you to consider is iLovePDF. It is a real “Swiss army knife” for PDFs, through which it is possible not only to merge the documents in question, but also to divide them, convert them into documents in other formats, compress them, etc. using a cloud-based system.
It has a nice user interface, is compatible with both Android and iOS / iPadOS and is free; however, it offers in-app purchases (at a basic cost of € 5,99 / month) to subscribe to paid plans to unlock additional functions. It should also be said that the files uploaded to its servers are deleted within a short time, so there is a good respect for the user's privacy.
To download the app to your device if you are using Android, visit the relative section of the Play Store and press the button Install. If, on the other hand, you are using an Android device on which there is no Play Store (e.g. a Huawei smartphone with AppGallery), you can download iLovePDF via one alternative store, as I explained to you in my tutorial on how to install apps on Huawei.
Stai using iOS / iPadOSinstead, access the relevant section of the App Store, press the button Get, quindi quello Install and authorize the download via Face ID, touch ID o password dell'ID Apple. In continuito, avvia l'app, sfiorando il pulsating apri appeared on the screen or the relative icon which has been added to the home screen.
Now that you see the main screen of the app, if you are using iOS / iPadOS, go to the section Instruments by selecting the appropriate item at the bottom. At this point, regardless of the platform you are using, choose the option Merge PDF, indicates the position from which you intend to take the PDFs to merge and select them.
Then change the order of the PDFs (if necessary) by moving the selected documents up or down, pressing and continuing to hold down on the relative icon with the four arrows, then touch the button Merge that you find at the bottom of the screen.
When the process is complete, tap the button Go to file appeared on the display, in order to view the output document. By pressing the button (...) present in its correspondence, you can then access the menu to decide whether to open the file, move it to other apps, to a different location on the device, rename it etc.
Another cloud based app you might turn to is PDF Merge. It is a no-cost solution, available for both Android and iOS / iPadOS that allows you to easily merge the PDFs that are fed to you.
However, it is necessary to take into account that to obtain a unified PDF file with this app you have to wait at least 60 minutes. To get around this limitation, you need to make in-app purchases (at a cost of 4,99 euros on Android and 10,99 euros on iOS / iPadOS).
That said, let's take action. To download the app to your smartphone or tablet, if you are using Android, visit the relative section of the Play Store and click on the button Install. If you are using a device on which there is no Play Store, you can download PDF Merge via an alternative store.
Stai using iOS / iPadOSinstead, access the relevant section of the App Store, touch the button Get, so that Install and authorize the download via Face ID, touch ID o password dell'ID Apple. Then start the app by pressing the button apri appeared on the screen or the relative icon which has been added to the home screen.
Now that you see the main screen of the app, if you are using Android, award your bottone capacitor positive (+) lead placed at the bottom right, while if you are using iOS / iPadOS tap the circular button with i two sheets at the top, then select i PDF file that you intend to join together.
Next, press the button with the arrow at the bottom right, select the option Free and wait for the upload and file merging procedure to be completed. Once the process is complete, you will receive a specific notification and you can save the unified PDF in the location you prefer.
Did none of the PDF merging apps I have already talked about convinced you in a particular way? If so, you may want to consider using PDF Element. It is, in fact, an application through which it is possible to view, modify, annotate, convert and sign PDF documents; all in a simple and, above all, free way. It is available for both Android and iOS / iPadOS.
To download the app to your device Android, accessed the relative section of the Play Store and click on the button Install. If you are using a device on which the Play Store is not available, you can download PDF Element through an alternative store.
Stai using iOS / iPadOS, visit the relevant section of the App Store instead, tap the button Get, by your complaint Install and authorize the download by Face ID, touch ID o password dell'ID Apple.
At this point, if you are using Android, open the app by pressing the button apri comparso sullo schermo oppure selecting the relative icon that has been added to the drawer, then press the button with the lines horizontally in alto a sinistra, select the option Merge documents from the menu that opens, tap the button capacitor positive (+) lead at the top right and select the documents to merge.
Next, tap on the button with i two sheets at the bottom right and wait for the merge procedure to be completed. When the process is complete, tap on the item Save and specify the location on your device where you intend to save the output file.
Stai using iOS / iPadOSinstead, go to the position on your smartphone or tablet where the PDFs you want to merge are saved, using the File Manager that you generally use (eg Apple files), select and import them into the PDF Element app via the sharing menu.
Now, close the PDF Element screen relating to documents that is shown to you, go to the main one of the application, tap the icon with the sheet present at the top right, put a check mark next to the files to be merged and select the option Merge pop-up in the bottom menu.
Finally, type the name you want to assign to the output file and that's it. You can then import the unified document obtained in any other app or location, simply by opening it, by pressing the button (...), at the top right, and choosing the option you prefer from the menu that opens.
Are you looking for other applications to perform the operation covered by this guide? In that case, I recommend that you test the app to merge PDF android which you find listed below. I hope they are able to satisfy you.
- PDF Tools - as can be easily understood from the name itself, it is an application that includes various tools to intervene on PDF documents that are given "at meal". In fact, it allows not only to merge PDFs but also to divide them, protect them with passwords, unlock them etc. It's free.
- PDF Merge - free application that allows you to merge multiple PDF files together, in a very simple and fast way and through a very intuitive user interface.
- PDF Utility - free app thanks to which you can easily merge and split PDF files, as well as password protect them and convert images to PDF files. The app is free, but allows you to upload files up to a maximum of 1,5MB. To get around this limitation, you need to purchase its full version (which costs 3,19 euros).
In addition to the solutions I have already told you about in the previous lines, if you have an iOS / iPadOS device you can rely on app to merge PDF iPhone and iPad which you find below.
- Combine PDFs for Apple Commands - Commands is a free app distributed by Apple and which is pre-installed on both iPhone and iPad, through which it is possible to automate the execution of some operations through the use of customized shortcuts or downloaded ready-made from the Internet. To merge PDFs, therefore, you can rely on the use of Combine PDFs, a shortcut designed for this purpose. To use it, however, remember to enable the possibility of installing third-party shortcuts by going to the section Settings iOS, by selecting the item Quick commands and moving on ON the levetta Untrusted commands, then press the button Allow in response to the on-screen warning and type the unlock code device.
- PDF Expert - it is an app that allows you to view and edit PDFs in various ways, including merging them. It allows you to import files from any location, has a nice user interface and is free. Note, however, that it offers in-app purchases (at a cost of 52,99 euros / year) to switch to the Pro version which unlocks various additional features.
- PDFs Split & Merge - it is an app that allows you to merge and split PDF documents and the pages they contain. It is very intuitive and is free for the first two uses, after which the Pro version must be enabled through in-app purchases (at a cost of 7,99 euros) to be able to use it.